Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed finding bits and pieces

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Help needed finding bits and pieces

I'm on a roll to get all the little stuff fixed on the bus since we're starting to use it more often and I don't want to let one problem after another turn into a junker.

Picutred are a rocker switch, the tiny German made bulbs (at least on the few spares I have) which are for the rocker witch lights, and finally the side market lights which I belive are 24 volt. I'm almost certain I obtained the lights from Prevost Parts prior but now I need more. Just wondering if it's worth it to get them elsehwere. For a few dollars more, probabley more convienient just to order from Prevost especially if I'm getting several things. I'm pretty sure the rocker switch I need (for the main headlights) needs to come from them. The switch works but the bulb burned itself into the plastic and I can't replace the bulb without getting a new switch.

The other picture if of a vent fan. I think these are Wonder Fans (??) but I'm not sure. I know they have a lifetime warranty but I'm not sure how to go about it. The gear is stripped in and the vent won't raise. Also, the controller (pictured) by Honeywell may or may not be the culprit for the 2nd problem with the unit. The motor won't stop whirling unless I take the fuee out. I THINK once a new motor (or a whole new fan) is in place, it cuts off when it reaches the end of it's travel but there' s no end to that travel with it stripped right now. I'm thinking of just buying a new one (think they are $200-$300 and) and fixing the other one later and just keeping as a spare or selling it. Haven't checked Ebay for one yet. Believe they are a standard size but I should probably get the same unit. This is on a 97 Royal if any other Royal owners know what I should buy as an exact replacement.

I'm including a picture of a thick insulator with a reflective coating I got at some RV supply place or maybe online. It's custom fit for the opening and in summer or winter it must help with the heat or cold. It fits really well if anyone hasn't seen these yet.

More pictures to follow in the next post. I think only 5 allowed per post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dreamchasers Guest

Jeff,

I can comment on the fans. My coach uses Fantastic vent fans. Users of these fans can call Fantastic fan and receive any parts needed, free. At least, that has been my experience.

Concerning the thermostat pictured. My knowledge is the thermostat pictured is a Comfort Control Center and is normally used within a Dometic AC control system. The thermostat communicates on a serial buss to connected AC units. The zone is selectable and each AC unit has an electronic receiver board that receives the signals and interfaces to the AC unit. These units can be used with remote temperature sensors also. On my coach, I have a separate controller for the vent fans. Perhaps your converter interfaced your vent fans into the Comfort Control Center.

I hope others comment on this. I am interested in learning about the different variations.

Hector

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Default Help needed finding bits and pieces

Jeff, I just had to deal with the same problem on the fan, (mine is also a fantastic fan). It would not stop it's whurring sound. I took the cover off on the inside of the coach, removed the screen, and found the screw had come off of the lift mechanism. I replaced the screw and was good to go. The sound will continue because it can never activate the limit switch. Are you sure you do not have a seperate control for this fan? Is it in your bath room?

On the bulb replacement in the dash switch, I have a similar problem....... I have the replacement bulbs (from Prevost) but cannot figure out how to disassemble the switch to replace the bulb. I also need help on this!

I agree with Hector on the Thermostat you pictured, I think that is for your A/C units.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Here you go guys. Say, thanks Mike.
    http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Dash%20Light/Dashpg1.html

parksincpp Guest

I just received several parts last week including a new dome lid and motor from Fantastic Fan, free.

Jeff
    On my Royale the thermostat picture you have posted controls the A/C, heat from the aqua hot and the heat pumps in the A/C units. There is a different control for the Fantasic Fan. In the photo the thermostat is set for the A/C unit. Of course it seems no two Royales are the same.

Larry W,

My Royale has the same set-up like yours,

Alek

Jeff,

Check : http://www.royalephoenix.com/
    They will help you,

Alek

dalej Guest

Photos from Jeff,
    Attached Images Attached Images

dalej Guest

More photos from Jeff,