Thread: House Batteries

Hybrid View

Default House Batteries

Anyone have pictures of house batteries for a 98 Liberty?
    Richard and Audrey Barnes
    and Jessie Jane The Wonder Dog!
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

My Blood Runs Deep Orange

Do you have a Classic or Elegant Lady? Are they behind the small rear door on the passenger side or are they in the center behind the entertainment center?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Do you have a Classic or Elegant Lady? Are they behind the small rear door on the passenger side or are they in the center behind the entertainment center?
    Center behind the entertainment center.
    Thanks, RB
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE

Richard,

Here ya go, current work in progress... Jump in the car, come to Waleska and you can see them in person. Do yourself a favor and buy Lifelines with the POG discount. These junk Deka's only went 3 1/2 years.

IMG_2886_1.JPG

IMG_2887_1.JPG

IMG_2888_1.JPG

Truk,I think that I might have an answer for why batteries may not last in our Liberty's.If your watchdog is like mine it will not auto start until the voltage is below 22 volts,this is well below 50% discharge.I have asked Liberty what can be done to bring the auto start up to 24 volts,I should have an answer soon.I understand that Liberty does not want its customers to be awakened by the gen starting or stopping during the night,the watchdog is programmed to run for 6 hours after a low voltage auto start,it doesn't matter if the batteries are charged in 3 hours the gen still runs for 6 hours.What I really don't understand is the newer coaches have outback inverters (which are user friendly)which will perform all of the auto start functions and interface with the Crestron system,but Liberty still uses the Watchdog to preform the auto start.If Lifelines are drawn down to 22 volts I doubt they will last any longer than the Gells.

rodburtonmusic Guest

Ok...so needing to replace my house batteries as well. I have 4 of them on my Executive...and I don't have any sort of auto start. Is that a difficult retro fit? What's the best way to go on the house batteries? These pictured look just like mine...

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    Truk,I think that I might have an answer for why batteries may not last in our Liberty's.If your watchdog is like mine it will not auto start until the voltage is below 22 volts,this is well below 50% discharge.I have asked Liberty what can be done to bring the auto start up to 24 volts,I should have an answer soon.I understand that Liberty does not want its customers to be awakened by the gen starting or stopping during the night,the watchdog is programmed to run for 6 hours after a low voltage auto start,it doesn't matter if the batteries are charged in 3 hours the gen still runs for 6 hours.What I really don't understand is the newer coaches have outback inverters (which are user friendly)which will perform all of the auto start functions and interface with the Crestron system,but Liberty still uses the Watchdog to preform the auto start.If Lifelines are drawn down to 22 volts I doubt they will last any longer than the Gells.
    Take this with a grain of salt because it may not apply to all Libertys.

My Watchdog has a voltage sense wire that runs through a 1 amp fuse. It is located on a multi fuse block on the LH electric compartment side panel. Assuming from Jack's post the generator run is a timed event rather than one controlled by a battery voltage such as 27 (or 13.5) volts then the Watchdog start voltage can be adjusted by an addition of a resistor that will convert and actual voltage of XX to the lower value that starts the Watchdog. Someone with electrical skills beyond mine can figure the resistance value required, but it should be an easy thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Richard,

Here ya go, current work in progress... Jump in the car, come to Waleska and you can see them in person. Do yourself a favor and buy Lifelines with the POG discount. These junk Deka's only went 3 1/2 years.

IMG_2886_1.JPG

IMG_2887_1.JPG

IMG_2888_1.JPG
    How do you go about getting the POG discount and do you know of dealers in the Southern California (Long Beach) area?

RB
    1998 Liberty
    2008 Saturn VUE