Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SMI Air Force One Reviews?

Gordon, listen to me. BUS FIRST, then all that other stuff. Quit sending me all those links and go buy a bus. Or, do you want me to run by Marathon tomorrow and pick something out for you??
    Oh, and Gordon, Jennifer is right, "your in bus rut."
    Last edited by tdelorme; 05-15-2009 at 07:04 AM.

I know, I know - just trying to help you spend your money.

Since Ken has offered the vaunted Tuga discount on the SMI with a new coach, I should just go down there and buy a new Parliament from him.

I know Ken and he is a nice guy that deals hard but fair. What everyone is missing is he will throw in a new Parliament if you by an Air Force One.

There is a small installation charge, however.

Quote Originally Posted by GDeen View Post
    Gary, was yours done in the Houston area?
    No Gordon, SMI did not have any authorized installer / dealers in the Houston area. I know I couldn't believe it either. I had to drive North to Denton, TX, which is past Dallas. It was a long 3 days for the install, and let me just say, I hope you can find someone better to do your install.

Trust Me.

Call SMI and ask for their largest dealer / installer and in your area. You will be glad you had it worked on close to home.

Gary S.

Default Good Report

I have had mine for over two years, not problem one. Brent installed my unit himself at an FMCA rally. It works great.

Default Air Force One Install Follow Up

Just thought I would follow up with my experience with the SMI installation.

After talking with Brent at SMI, and talking with a few different service folks around the state, I decided to have the Air Force One installed at Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches TX.

Made a Monday appointment and stayed over in their lot on a Sunday night on my way up to AR. After a holdup waiting on UPS with parts, they did an excellent job with the installation. Derrick is the service manager at the dealership and the installer was Isaac.

Isaac was very methodical and tidy with his work. The quote (and actual price) was 5 hrs but he spent more like 7.5 hours on the install. Although I was there a while, I appreciated his fine work.

The system works well and I would recommend Derrick and MOT highly. They treated me very well and stayed until 6 to finish up so I could get on the road.

Gordon, glad your install at M of T went well. It is a long install process, but when done correctly, you shouldn't have any problems from now on.

I should have chosen M of T for my install, but they were a little farther out of the way at the time. My Mistake, and yes I have made a FEW !

Gary S.

How much is this system complete? I did go to their web site but there were no prices & no dealer's in Calif.

Sid - about $1050 plus installation, which I paid 5 hours for at $100/hr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Tuls View Post
    How much is this system complete? I did go to their web site but there were no prices & no dealer's in Calif.
    Sid, just call SMI in the morning and ask them about their most reputable dealer / installer either in Visalia, CA. or around the Amarillo, TX area, where ever you are at this time.

I believe I paid about the same amount, $ 1100.

Ask to speak to either Pete Schuck the owner or Brent. (800) 893-3763

Gary S.