Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SMI Air Force One Reviews?

Sid, If you're in the market for an under-the-hood brake system you might consider the M&G system also: http://www.mgbrakingsystems.com/. It is a very simple setup and works well. We have had them on 3 vehicles and have never had an issue. Due to the location of the actuator which is mounted between the master cylinder and booster, there are a few cars that it won't fit into.

There are several installers located in central Kalifornia, however suggest you phone Leon Meadows the owner of M&G who will gladly answer any questions not covered on the website and recommend his most experienced dealers.

Sid, your signature line does not show what you are towing?

If it is a Hummer vehicle, the SMI is the only unit that will work. I would have gone with M & G, but they do not work on the Hummer toad I have.

Gary S.

Thanks Gary & Brain, I tow a 2007 Tahoe

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Thumbs up SMI is OK!

I am relieved to see these positive results for the SMI AF1. I was really stressing out after the initial problems showed up after Sevierville TN as I was responsible for SMI being there. I asked them to come since M&G told me their unit would not "fit" under the hood of my Hemi Powered Dodge Ram Pick Up Truck. SMI came to my rescue and I did not have any problems with their install. Pete also had me drop by his Evansville Indiana shop for a check when returning East from the 2008 US Men's Open in San Diego. The only problem I had was making a u-turn through a small, and old, urban two pump gas station opposite his Shop.

Both the product, and product support, from SMI is first rate.

My only caution would be regarding the installation. Make SURE that the installer has experience with PREVOST busses, as there have been serious installation issues.