Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMI Air Force One Reviews?

Question SMI Air Force One Reviews?

Read the long thread about Bruce's problem with the install from the Rally last year. Sounds like an ordeal but they stood behind their product in the end.

Any updates from users? Anyone else having problems? Good product?

M&G does not make a system for our Toad which is a GX470 so I am looking at alternatives.

Thanks

The important take away from my experience is just that, SMI did stand behind the system, did take the time to upgrade it to a standard that is robust enough to meet the stresses our buses can apply to all equipment especially add on stuff.

Their latest version is an all in one unit that if installed by a qualified installer and very carefully secured to the chassis, all lines tightened and soap tested should meet your needs.

I would contact Brent at SMI and discuss your install configuration and location, as he has installers around the US. Just remind Brent to make certain that whoever installs knows exactly where to place the unit, the lines so as not to interfere with the drivetrain, suspension, and that all connections are carefully secured.

Default Air Force One

Gordon

We recomend and install Air Force One systems. Our guys think it is the best unit on the market and our customers are finding it to be trouble free. It can be a little labor intensive to install, but the final product is worth it. If you have any technical questions, feel free to call and talk to Rick or Ben.

Gordon,

We had the same initial problems with the unit, but it was really where it was mounted that presented the challange. We were able to relocate it and it has worked very well since and the redesign that removed the close nipple between the valve and tank and replaced it with a hose is way better.

The key is proper installation.

I feel the same.

Eliminating the close nipple resolved an equipment problem. The primary concern at this point is competent installation.

Once properly installed, I'm confident that you'll be as happy with this product as I am with mine.

Sounds like a good system after some teething pains in the Prevost - thanks.

Gordon, I will second everybody's post above. The key is to get a QUALIFIED Installation. Make sure who ever is putting it on, has done the isntall for a bus, and your toad. Call SMI and find out where to go, in your area for installation.

We have it on our XLII and installed on the H3 Hummer. Works great, and NO issues so far with the SMI part of the installation.

Again, make sure the installer knows what they are doing, and that this is NOT their first installation.

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Peggy Stevens View Post
    Gordon, I will second everybody's post above. The key is to get a QUALIFIED Installation. Make sure who ever is putting it on, has done the isntall for a bus, and your toad. Call SMI and find out where to go, in your area for installation.

We have it on our XLII and installed on the H3 Hummer. Works great, and NO issues so far with the SMI part of the installation.

Again, make sure the installer knows what they are doing, and that this is NOT their first installation.

Gary S.
    Gary, was yours done in the Houston area?

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobertson View Post
    Gordon

We recomend and install Air Force One systems. Our guys think it is the best unit on the market and our customers are finding it to be trouble free. It can be a little labor intensive to install, but the final product is worth it. If you have any technical questions, feel free to call and talk to Rick or Ben.
    Thanks Ken, is the Tuga discount in effect if I drive all the way to Tampa??

Default Tuga Discount

Gordon

As you know.........The Tuga discount normally only applies to in stock, pre-owned Newells, but I can make an exception! If we install your brake system while you are taking delivery of your new coach, I think I can probably get you the Tuga Deal.