Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marathon Heater Grate ....

OK guys, thanks for the note. We're getting close to enough to make a full box purchase.

Ray

So, a little bit of bad news here. Today I took the sheet I purchased from Marathon to fix the busted grate in my coach. Kevin E. had warned me that this may be the case, but the grate is a different size than in my coach.

The grate from Marathon is 5/8 squares. This is what the Outwater plastics indicated on their website and it also matches one of the offerings on the site that GaryD referenced.

However, it appears the original grating was smaller. It's not a nice decimal size, but appears actually to be a metric size. I measure my original piece, and it's exactly 1.5 cm per square. Roughly .593 in in the old, vs .64 inch in the new stuff.

So, it means that you cannot cut a perfect fit. At least in the heater grate I just replaced, length-wise came out very close (22 sq vs 24), but in the vertical, I could only get 6 squares, when the old was 7, and that left almost a 1/2 square opening left over.

So, this stuff isn't quite perfect. If we could find a source that was more closely matched that would be good. It might be worth measuring your own coaches to see if it matches my findings.

Ray