Thread: Webasto 12V Control Unit Wanted

blacklab Guest

Default Webasto 12V Control Unit Wanted

Looking for Part #WPX-287-962. Anyone know where to purchase w/o paying retail?

lewpopp Guest

If you find a place, everyone will be all over you like air.

One thing you don't want to do is to call Colorado for a price. that's the main office and their prices are at least 40% high than some other places.

I just paid over $500 for a control unit that I didn't need. I had made a friend at a distributor and he put mine back in stock when he found out he should have one in stock. The problem was misdiagnosed by a tech and I was lucky to get rid of it. The part I need was just over $100 Lewbucks.

Sorry I cannot help. I will look up the distributor I sent mine back to if you want.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

That's nice, not only does Webasto have an outrageous price on a control board that is a non-refundable electrical item now they are going to peddle Lews 5 yr old one as such. Real good.

Did I get all the spelling and punctuation correct?

I used to think AquaHot (the people in Colorado) had good prices, but I recently had to purchas a coil and they were 20% higher than a trucking company here in town. Webasto didn't want to sell directly to me and that sucks because most folks you talk to don't know much about the units.

Marathon keeps most of the parts, but they are not much cheaper. We need to find a better source of parts for sure.

lewpopp Guest

Joe,

The one I returned was the new one. Some other snake would send the old one and claim it was the new one. Not me.

blacklab Guest

I bought one from Eggimann Motors and Equipment out of Madison, WI. $460.00. Not a bad price.