Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Sound Emanating from My Coach

Default Strange Sound Emanating from My Coach

For two months I've noticed a sound as I sleep at night. It sounds like a muffled jake brake and it cycles over and over from high pitch to low. Since I've been in an RV park across from the Long Beach Ports, I actually thought it may have been the trucks that service this area 24 hours a day. But, I moved the coach this weekend to a quite locations and guess what, I woke at 3:00 AM thinking I had brought the trucks with me. I turned off every breaker in the coach and the sound did not go away. I was plugged into 50 amp power and the inverters were on but I couldn't tell if they were the cause. Any ideas to keep me from going completely nuts?

Richard Barnes

some tank(water,black,gray) level sensors have air pumps that run every so often,I think that they sound like your description,they usually only run 10-15 seconds every 10 minutes or so.

Question

Well, I was thinking aux air comp until you said you shut everything off?

Is your coach up on the bags when overnighting, or is it down on the stops. If you keep it raised, where is it in the morning? The sound could be that last evacuation of air as the pressure gets low and the bus sinks to the stops.

Just guessing.

JIM

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    some tank(water,black,gray) level sensors have air pumps that run every so often,I think that they sound like your description,they usually only run 10-15 seconds every 10 minutes or so.
    This is continuous. It cycles over and over. It is not so loud as to be annoying when the TV is on or when the AC units are blowing but in the still of the night or day for that matter, it never stops. It is a mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Well, I was thinking aux air comp until you said you shut everything off?

Is your coach up on the bags when overnighting, or is it down on the stops. If you keep it raised, where is it in the morning? The sound could be that last evacuation of air as the pressure gets low and the bus sinks to the stops.

Just guessing.

JIM
    Jim it is on the bags at all times. This is a real mystery and I'm sure it will drive me absolutely nuts before I find it.

Richard,

Putting your conversion and year in your signature would help you with answers. I don't have a clue what you have.

It would help if we knew the year and converter of the coach.

I think all of our coaches have "key off" devices that serve numerous purposes and any advice I give as a Liberty owner may be of no value to the owner of another conversion.

I agree with Jack, except I can't hear mine in the coach, but I can hear them when I am working next to the coach in my garage.

What I hear in my coach are the inverter cooling fans and the auxiliary cooliong fans remote from the inverters. The remote fans run continuously controlled by a switch, the internal inverter fans run via a thermostatic control in the inverters.

But you could also be hearing the satellite searching for a signal.

Default Bodily Function Noises

I agree with Jack and Jon.

I think it is your holding tank sensor system. I used to cut mine off at night so I would not hear it gently hum whilst it blew the air out of the tube to refresh.

It was not something you would notice unless in an extremely quite time and place.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

No comment

My vote is aux air compressor. The one we had in the Royale was noisy and had a high / low pitch as it neared shutoff. I can barely hear the one in the Marathon unless everything is dead quiet and I am near the generator bay.

Truk4U Tom has these same intermittant noise problems. Maybe he will chime in.........