Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Over-the-road air??

My old XLV 1999 #539 Marathon is equipped with OTR and 3 Cruisair units, 2 X 4000w trace inverters, 6x 250ah lithium batteries, we added 2 MPS low profile 24v roof top units, I came out to the conclusion that if I build a new coach I will equip it with only 24v roof top units, maybe 3 or 4 but nothing else. We run 2 all night and our battery bank goes down only about 20%, they are quiet and ultra efficient, hot air goes up not down so conditioning the air is much easier, this is the way they look.
    The question is: why have so many systems? 24v units will run on the engine alternator on batteries, on shore power with the bat charger.. My 2 units are doing a phenomenal job to keep us comfortable, we will be covering our roof with solar panels to make it even more interesting. Generator is charging our batteries in a record time..
    We changed out refrigerators by dual voltage 24v 115v but most of the time they run on 24v..
    Now changing the oil on our generator is not as often.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stupid question. Is this possible to do 12v. Im currently in planning stages on redoing the camper side of my pete, from scratch, 1 month away. Its 12 v.

Nother question what does one cost?
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

My old XLV 1999 #539 Marathon is equipped with OTR and 3 Cruisair units, 2 X 4000w trace inverters, 6x 250ah lithium batteries, we added 2 MPS low profile 24v roof top units, I came out to the conclusion that if I build a new coach I will equip it with only 24v roof top units, maybe 3 or 4 but nothing else. We run 2 all night and our battery bank goes down only about 20%, they are quiet and ultra efficient, hot air goes up not down so conditioning the air is much easier, this is the way they look.
    The question is: why have so many systems? 24v units will run on the engine alternator on batteries, on shore power with the bat charger.. My 2 units are doing a phenomenal job to keep us comfortable, we will be covering our roof with solar panels to make it even more interesting. Generator is charging our batteries in a record time..
    We changed out refrigerators by dual voltage 24v 115v but most of the time they run on 24v..
    Now changing the oil on our generator is not as often.

We have the MPS 12000 12v on our sprinters service vans, they run at max speed at 45amp, and at low econo night time about 25amp.. I get them for $1200 lel me know how many you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabruteam View Post
    We have the MPS 12000 12v on our sprinters service vans, they run at max speed at 45amp, and at low econo night time about 25amp.. I get them for $1200 lel me know how many you want?
    Can you supply a link to these units?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I'm a bit skeptical on the power use for 12KW BTU. Your site suggests 24V systems, but I didn't find any. I would be curious if there is a low profile 24V system and, if so, is there an installation manual? Will it supported ducted systems? The limited specifications suggests its thermostat only displays Celsius. Can that be true?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

That is it! The last of the non functioning AC junk going in the trash. The copper tubing was very soft and thin.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach