Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Over-the-road air??

I have melted and turned into a pile of goo working in NY all because of not having OTR air. In fact, I have decided that all my problems are truly to blame on not having OTR. I am starting a support group for non-OTR bus owners. Pete you can join even though we know you are not a true believer.

Having had both a bus air coach and a non-bus air coach, I prefer the bus air coach. That being said, I just paid a small fortune / five year college tuition to have a new generator put in the bus and I plan to run the darn thing with all four roof airs running every single minute I am in the bus including winter. I may shut it down in campgrounds, but I haven't decided.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Loc,
    Sign me up! I know the group will need all the help it can get!
    Now I need to get busy changing the oil in my genset so I can run my 4 roof top a/c's. It only takes a 20kw genset to operate them.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I have melted and turned into a pile of goo working in NY all because of not having OTR air. In fact, I have decided that all my problems are truly to blame on not having OTR. I am starting a support group for non-OTR bus owners. Pete you can join even though we know you are not a true believer.
    Sounds like our favorite government employee is about to go postal. I hope BHO doesn't get a report on your carbon footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    Sounds like our favorite government employee is about to go postal. I hope BHO doesn't get a report on your carbon footprint.
    At least he would probably let MHO tour the climate destroying Millennium without removing her $500 tennis shoes.....

JDUB, campaign vehicles driven by employees of the Administration are exempt. Loc has nothing to fear. Well, nothing but hot weather.

I guess it doesn't matter today as his coach is keeping your coach company at Prevost.

We visited Death Valley this past early December, when it was quite pleasant and cool. Without really getting involved in this thread, I am curious if anyone visited Death Valley in the summer, with or without OTR, and how they feel their A/C systems fared in that kind of heat (>100 degrees).

The highest ambient temp I have operated OTR and Cruisairs in is 117 deg. and that was coming out of Palm Springs in late June. The OTR worked well, but I had a weak circuit breaker in the condensor fan unit that shut it down. There is a whole thread on here somewhere that discusses that deal.

So I fired up the generator and turned on the Cruisairs. As Jon relayed in a earlier post, the Cruisairs sucking that hot air off of the blacktop didn't last long as they were HIPSI or some other issue and they started falling off line.

The last trip thru PHX at 114, the OTR worked fine, but I did have the shades lowered about half way to keep some of the direct heat out.

We'll be headed in that direction....... in July, so we'll have a pretty good test of the OTR air conditioning underway.

Keep ya posted as to how we make out....

The last trip thru PHX at 114, the OTR worked fine, but I did have the shades lowered about half way to keep some of the direct heat out.
    Was that in the XLII or the old bus Jerry?