Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Over-the-road air??

Question What Happened

I thought all Liberties had OTR?

JIM

No. In later years I think all except maybe special order coaches come with it, but in the early years Liberty had two versions of their coach with the less expensive model only having driver's air.

Liberty is building their first 3 slide H3 and because of weight they are not going to have OTR in this one.The OTR weighs 700 pounds.

Jack: So how are the going to keep it cool while moving?

I don't have Prevost OTR air but I do have a funeral home fan from Denny.

Micki is driving and I am a riding on our way to the Dan and Jo all u can eat Mississippi Mini Rally in Bay St Louis.

And I ain't sweated a bit yet. But you know how women drivers are.

Maybe at the crap tables?

Yall come
    Last edited by rfoster; 05-12-2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: rough ass Alabama interstate can hit the right keys
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

For the sake of whoever strokes the check for that H3 I hope they put at least 5 roof airs on that bus.

If I was spending an amount of money for a bus that a 3 slide Liberty is going to take I would want to be able to stay at 70 degrees inside the coach while crossing the desert on a 110 degree day. I'll bet that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    I thought all Liberties had OTR?

JIM
    Here's one Jim. This is a real nice 96 Liberty with no OTR air. I think it was at Paul's when you picked up your bus.
    http://www.mrolivers.com/RV_Slot_03/RV_Description.html

Like Jon,I really like OTR air and heat.I know that it cost more from Prevost as well as more labor and materials for the converter and also weighs more.A Liberty without OTR is IMHO almost a sin in 2009,it will be interesting to see if an old Liberty customer buys this one or someone that has never had bus air.I don't know but I bet that it has 2 Outback 3500 watt inverters with six 8D batteries and 4 cruise airs.Traveling in the desert when two cruise airs overheat just turn on the other two until the others cool down and then begin the cycle again.

Jack,

Tell the truth. You just take delivery of your new three slide Liberty H3 Elegant Lady with (only) four Cruise Airs and you head out to the desert in August.

What will your first reaction be when you find out you are working your fingers to the bone pressing buttons to cycle the AC units on and off so you can keep the inside of your new pride and joy at a comfortable 90 degrees after you just traded in a coach with OTR?

I'm pretty sure even if they all worked as they were supposed to that 4 Cruise Airs will not cool that much interior with the slides open. Remember, these coaches aren't the white Winnebagos but are the fashionable dark colors.

It will feel like the North Pole when you jump in that coach after standing out in the hot desert sun, but after being in it for a little while and it can't get out of the 80s inside I can just see the new owner going ballistic.

Nope......five roof airs and an engine driven generator.

Pete - Note the smiley faces in my post...

Right now I'm in AL on my way to the MS eatfest and have 2 floor fans, 1 ceiling fan, 3 cruiseairs and the fridge door open so we can be comfortable without OTR. It's tough, but hopefully things will cool down and we can at least close the fridge door. I think it's much cheaper to just buy a new fridge and keep the door open instead of all that maintenance and upkeep with one of those big clunky OTR deals.

Dale J - How are we ever going to get through the summer without OTR?

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Tom...
    It seems that those without OTR always travel north and south so the sun won't get into the windshield and on the driver/co-pilot.

If you recall, I do not have OTR either, but have an ample supply of right guard on hand.

Hope you guys have a great time at the eat-fest, tell everyone hello for E.J. and I. We would be there except we were just in Biloxi this past week, and E.J.'s grand daughter has her dance recital this week end in Dallas.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas