Thread: Towing in California

Hybrid View

I have never personally known anyone ticketed, but have heard stories. It seems the hot-spot is the I-10 between the AZ border, up to a few miles past Blythe. Evidently (as the story goes), that particular piece of road was funded locally, not federally, and tickets issued there go into local coffers.

If you are concerned either disconnect and drive through this part without a tow, or head over to I-40 or I-8 instead.

Again, I've never had a problem, and I would doubt if you travel near the towing speed limit (55 in CA), that you would not be hassled.

Ray
    Last edited by Ray Davis; 05-07-2009 at 03:32 PM.

I would say make sure your tow lights work and stay under 55 if towing anything in CA.

I did get stopped once in CA for towing over 55, and CHP officer gave me a warning, after I told him I wasn't paying attention because I got a call an hour earlier that the doctors wanted to pull the plug on my mothers ventilator. He knew I wasn't paying attention because he said he followed me for 3 miles before driving up in front of me to get my attention. I figured I was lucky and have since never drive over 55 while in CA.
    GregM

My Opinion, and its only an opinion, the state is out of money. The cities are out of money, everyone is looking for revenue. It would not surprise me if CHP and other law enforcement aren't on their A game. You definately are gambling.
    Any guess as to how much they are bringing in on cell phone tickets?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I see people all the time still talking on cellphones. Never heard of anyone ticketed. But, I'd agree with you that they are out to raise revenues.

We have a toll road near here, which used to be a invite to really speed. Now I see someone getting a ticket almost every time I travel that road.

Ray