Because I forget after a couple days, I was reviewing my CC Users Guide again yesterday, and they reitterate what Prevost says. "The tag should always be down for normal operation, but with the tag up, the coach is able to manage a tighter turn diameter which is a convenient feature in city driving. Also, when driving in icy conditions, raising the axle up will increase the weight on the drive wheels by approximately 9,000 to 11,000 pounds, thus, providing more traction.

I almost always lift my tag when making a 90 degree turn. But as Jon mentioned, it is easy to make a mistake. While in Wyoming last year, I turned into a campground where the entrance made a dip. I removed my tow connection and damaged my mud flap simultaenously. The other disadvantage I see to lifting the tag, is that I easily forget to lower it when in a campground.

Yes, I have a light and an audible tone that tells me it is up! I don't forget to lower it while making turns on the streets, because I never remove my hand from the switch until I have moved it back to the correct position.

While in Marion, NC last month, I raised the tag while making some 90+ degree turns. Ed mentioned that he thought the rear of the bus looked a little low when I came in, but I hadn't noticed this while sitting in the driver's seat. When I parked, I noticed my level system didn't do as it should. Finally, I noticed the noise I was hearing telling me the tag was up.

But, I will still raise the tag when maneuvering sharp turns.