Thread: Featherlite Stacker Camera Scroll Problem

Default Featherlite Stacker Camera Scroll Problem

I have an '07 Featherlite H3-45 Vantare hooked to an '07 30ft Faetherlite Stacker. The stacker has 3 video cameras, one for back up and one for the interior upper level and one for the interior lower level. This problem is very strange and I was hoping that one of the resident experts here can shed some light on this issue as the guys at Featherlite in Lake Mary FL are as perplexed about this as we are. When the coach is stopped you can scroll between all three cameras as advertised. The minute the coach and trailer start moving down the road when you try to scroll between the cameras you get the dreaded blue screen with a "No Video Signal" message. You can continue to scroll and eventually you will get images from the three cameras. Interestingly if you don't scroll and leave the blue screen with it's accompanied "no Video Signal" message the minute you stop the coach you get an image from the camera that would have been selected in the scroll sequence. If you do not scroll you do not lose the image from the camera that was last used. By way of trouble shooting we have changed the connector plug on the trailer side only, the coach side seems good. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Hopefully someone has seen a similar issue like this before. Cheers........JR

Is the setup hard wired or wireless.

Just asking questions.

JIM

Hard wired. Thanks.......JR

Could that have anything to do with the sensors picking up the signal when you operate the transmission. As in my coach the camera goes on when I engage reverse.
    Another thing we sometimes tried was to run a seperate ground wire between veh and trailer. Just throwing this out there.
    AL

The ground wire idea is something that has been suggested. One theory is that with a bad ground to the chassis when the trailer is stopped, the hitch being more or less without movement, the ground to the trailer is taking care of the situation and all works as advertised. When the trailer is in motion the ground to the chassis is supposed to take over and if it's bad maybe that is the cause of the camera scrolling issue. Apparently Featherlite uses the same video control box on the coach as it does on their trailers. Since the cameras on the coach work fine it has been suggested that we swap boxes and see if the problem follows the box. Thanks for your suggestion, pretty frustrating! Cheers

You could test the bad ground theory with an ordinary strand of an automobile jumper cable set. I think it would be long enough.

JIM

Fine idea. The techs are coming back up Monday so I will report back on what, if anything, they find. I'm not smart enough to do this stuff myself!! Cheers

Ok everyone here is the followup. Featherlite uses the same video control box in their trailers as they do in their coaches. I have no idea what year they started doing this but this coach and stacker are '07s. Anyway we swapped control boxes and (riddle me this batman) all is back working again. I have no idea what was wrong which bothers me somewhat but swapping the control boxes seems to have worked the issue for now anyway! Cheers.......JR

I would vote that you had a bad connection, and unplugging and re-plugging in actually fixed it? Would be interesting to see if you swapped it back if the problem re-appeared.

You know I thought the same thing! I really appreciate the help with this. Headed to Red Lodge, MT on Labor Day so we will see how it all behaves. Thanks again for the suggestions. Cheers......JR