Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oval Exhaust Tips for Gen. & Webasto

This is a reasonably accurate picture of the tips on my bus. I paid about $30 for them and they are stainless steel

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=5460

Thanks Jon. My two pipes are routed just fwd of the eng. exhaust out the left side. I just need to 'pretty' them up some. How is that for sentence structure?
    Someone was going to jump on it if I didn't point it out myself.

Lew is the only one here that criticizes our use of the language. This criticism coming from a guy that spells Lou all wrong.

I wouldn't worry too much. After he complains he usually goes right back to sleep.

Incase Lew spots my posting and decides to grade it, I should also correct my location of pipes. They are aft of the eng. exhaust not fwd. Now I fel beter.

Boy is he going to get you. You failed to use spel chek.

Default Correction

Larry:

The correct terminology for upgrading appearance is "to add bling" or, "bling up"
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

lewpopp Guest

what....what was that?.... I was sleepin an I heard my name being used incorrectly. Now, come on guys, lets make sure you spend "Lewbucks" instead of "Loubucks". Just ain't the same.

You mean that even though I am on a trails end trip I still have to watch youse guys. Jeeese. Using the name lou in the place of Lew is just like using Crapper in place of Jon. I'd better be nice to Jon, I may need him to put my wheelchair over the pit.

Rodger, I stand corrected!

Thanks

Wink

After having one for a long time, I was amazed to discover that mine was gone.

If you'd be so kind as to show me yours, I would have a better idea as to what I need.

If anyone found it they sure got a nice one as I used to polish it often, not as often as I used to though, that's why I didn't miss it until now

So please go out and take a picture of yours so I can better reconstruct my loss.

This is what I have now, see you might not even know what I am talking about without studying the photo.

JIM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jim,

Tomorrow I have some time to photo mine from various angles so you can get a new one fabricated. I have often looked at mine and how close it comes to hitting the ground as I come out of the hill on the driveway and transition to the level of the road. I have tried to determine if I had to remake it how to make the transition from the flat oval to the round of the muffler. If there is some quantity involved to justify the time I could have the folks in the shop use the CAD/CAM and programming to define the shapes and sheet metal sizes and then it is just a matter of TIG welding the exhaust tip together and polishing it. As an alternative its shape can also be a rectangle at the outlet which would greatly simplify the fabrication of the exposed part.

Before the overhang on the 45 foot coaches came to be the 40 foot coaches just used a round pipe, polished where it was exposed and that would work as long as you were aware of steep transitions in the road that would damage the pipe. As an alternative you could go into a 90 degree going forward, then a second 90 just behind your Webasto / Generator exhausts leading into a polished exposed tip which would be far enough forward to minimize damage.