Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Beagle Bash 09

A-1

Bite Me

I would be great to see some of the other Texas based POGers make it like - Hector and Lee, Brent and Kari, Gordon and Jennifer, and Alan and MK. Tuga and Karen if the Tigers aren't playing that weekend we would love to see you in Kville as well. We also hope that Eric, Deb and Jay will join us again this year.
    Last edited by Loc; 05-02-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    I would be great to see some of the other Texas based POGers make it like - Hector and Lee, Brent and Kari, Gordon and Jennifer, and Alan and MK. Tuga and Karen if the Tigers aren't playing that weekend we would love to see you in Kville as well. We also hope that Eric, Debi and Jay will join us again this year.
    Loc,

Appreciate the invite - tough weekend as the Sooners play BYU on the 5th at the new JerryWorld in Dallas, so we will be up there for that. Alternative is to run down to Kerrville on Sunday possibly after the game depending on how long folks plan on being there.

Either way, we are definitely trying to get up to OKC in Oct if Jim can squeeze us in.

We would be up for it but have plans for South Dakota the same weekend. Kerrville is a great stop. How about 2010?

Gordon,

I understand about the football weekends. That is why JDUB never comes or at least why he says he can't come.

Alan,

We plan on doing this every year for the forseeable future so 2010 is highly likely.

Fat Beagle Boy,

Just because the Collie Humpers aren't going to field a team this year doesn't mean the rest of us have to give up on football season. But when you are the Taco Cabana of the Big XII...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEAo-nzBgY

I just noticed Mark Walker in Cosby (northeast of Houston) on the POG site. Mark, come join us in Kerrville at Labor Day if you get a chance.

Loc,

With a great deal of wishful thinking and hope that work cooperates, I have made reservations at Buckhorn Lake to attend your rally. we will arrive 23 Aug and depart 19 Sep. If I remember what the lady said, we are in site 6081. She said Verizon coverage is better in that area, so that is where we are. We will leave Buckhorn and go straight to OKC for the big POG rally. We are really looking forward to this trip.

I talked with Buckhorn today. They showed reservations for 10 sites. Ken and Mel Torme, they did not show reservations under your names (you probably are using an alias to avoid being associated with the group). You may want to check with them. Ted we want to see that new paint job and your wayward trash can is looking for its old owner. Here is the preliminary plan:

Friday: arrive - we will be in space 6095 and should arrive by 5 pm. Feel free to stop by when you get in. There will likely be a group sitting around discussing all the important world events and bus stuff.
    Friday night: A group of us will head into Kerrville around 6 - 6:30 pm for a casual dinner at one of Kerrville's fine dining establishments. As an alternative, there is a pizza dinner at Buckhorn.

Saturday morning: Breakfast at the Barn 8am to 9:30am
    Saturday - Buckhorn Bus to Bandera (if you want to visit Bandera) - leaves Buckhorn at 9:30 am returns to Buckhorn at 3 pm (will also go on Sunday)
    Saturday afternoon around 4ish: Happy Hour - we will provide the frozen Beagleritas, chips and dips. Bring a chair and your favorite other libation.
    Saturday night: Grill Out - Bring your preferred type of meat (steak, pork, chicken) and we will grill it on the Buckhorn grill located next to the Barn. I need some volunteers to bring some salads, side dishes and desserts.

Sunday morning 8 - 9 am - Breakfast - by the Fat Beagle Cooking Team
    Sunday - a chance to see some of the sights around Kerrville
    Sunday afternoon around 4ish- Happy Hour II - Beagleritas part two
    Sunday night - 5 to 6 pm - Buckhorn BBQ at the Barn
    Sunday night - 7 pm - Ice Cream Social at the Barn
    Sunday night - dusk - fireworks weather permitting

All of the meals at the Barn with the exception of Saturday night are provided by Buckhorn. You will need to tell them when you check in if you plan to join them and pay at that time. I think breakfast is a pay at the door affair.

If you are willing to bring a dessert or side dish for Saturday dinner please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    I would be great to see some of the other Texas based POGers make it like - Hector and Lee, Brent and Kari, Gordon and Jennifer, and Alan and MK. Tuga and Karen if the Tigers aren't playing that weekend we would love to see you in Kville as well. We also hope that Eric, Deb and Jay will join us again this year.
    Karen and I will be there Friday - Monday.
    Last edited by merle&louise; 08-07-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: date change
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot