Thread: Bus Seats & Other Furnature

win42 Guest

Question Bus Seats & Other Furnature

Driver & Passenger seats in our 15 year old coach need replacing. I think I want to go to heavy duty air suspension truck type seats. Herself is balking on that idea. I found a dealer near us that has some new ones coming in for us to try. They look as good or better than what flex Steel offers. I explained to shirley we could add the little skirt around the bottom and they would look just fine.
    Has anyone out there gone this route in lieu of the fluffy ones the coach builders offer.
    We are also looking for replacement swivel rockers. We are aware of Flex Steel and Villa as suppliers. We were wondering if there were other choices available or if anyone has good or bad experiance with these manufacturers.
    Thank you for any opinions and help locating other suppliers.

Harry

Mine has what I believe to be a Frieightliner truck drivers seat, complete with heat and massage (is that bling?)

It does have air suspension, but the moment I get the chair raised off the floor it bounces like crazy. I've not figured a way to dampen it out to make it at all usable in that mode. But, it adjusts three ways to Sunday, and the heat and massage is nice, if it ain't 110 degrees outside.

It will be there at POG2, in case you'd like to look?

ray

Harry,

I think you are looking for an ISRI seat. I have seen them in a bunch of Prevosts. They look good and set pretty good as well. When we rebuilt and recovered our Villa seats, we used memory foam and ultra leather to make them into tolerable seats. I think the ISRI seats are better.

There;s an Isri dealer in Gillette Wyoming. Found them by google-ing

win42 Guest

Thanks for the info. I found a dealers list and Gillig Bus Mfg. in Hayward, Ca represent ISRI. I have sent them an inquiry. Jerry thanks for the ammo to use on Shirley.
    Harry