Thread: Pretty Cool Looking Silver Eagle

Default Pretty Cool Looking Silver Eagle

On Staley's site....seems like a lot of bus for the money with the relatively recent rebuild if one is into the Silver Eagles...how do they ride and handle compared to a Prevost?

http://www.staleycoach.com/48856.htm

GORDON.........The Eagle has a nice ride and drive but Prevost is by far the best. You can buy a nice 1993 Prevost Country Coach for less money at "rv4sell.com. I sold my Prevost several years ago and could not find a replacement Prevost so I bought an 01 Eagle to use while still shopping for a Prevost. I drove the Eagle for about a year. I could not wait until I found my next Prevost.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Are the suspensions on those totally relying on torsion bars or are there air bags in conjunction with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell McCarley View Post
    GORDON.........The Eagle has a nice ride and drive but Prevost is by far the best. You can buy a nice 1993 Prevost Country Coach for less money at "rv4sell.com. I sold my Prevost several years ago and could not find a replacement Prevost so I bought an 01 Eagle to use while still shopping for a Prevost. I drove the Eagle for about a year. I could not wait until I found my next Prevost.
    Thanks Darrell - I would not buy that vintage a coach at my neophyte level but I have always heard about Silver Eagles and was curious about the ride. Sounds like the Prevost is better.

JOE.........Torsion bars only. No air bags.

I'm an old Eagle guy who still loves them - having literally "grown up" on Eagle entertainer coaches in the music business and having owned Barbara Mandrell's Eagle 10 as my first bus (after she retired from touring). I still think that nothing rides quite like the Eagle torsilastic suspension, but while shopping for my current bus, I was converted to a Prevost believer. Over time, I became more and more concerned with the Eagle as a long term asset as the existing population of Eagles on the road aged with no service or parts support. If I had the means, the space, the mechanical expertise, and the time - I would love to own another Eagle as a "toy" or project bus - but I am quite happy with my Prevost and would not consider trading her for any Eagle.

The bus referenced on the Staley site by Gordon is a beautiful example of a remanufactured Eagle with a nice clean and simple conversion. In my opinion however, the price is about 20-30% too high for this bus in the current economy.