Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Slide Marathon XLII's

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by towsonengsberg View Post
    I saw a 2001 either on Phil Cooper or rvonline that looked like a decent one. I do not recall whether it is still available or not. We have been pretty happy with our 2003 non-slide.
    Phil Cooper had one on there about a month ago that had a lot of custom extras on the order sheet. Pretty good looking bus, done in coolish interior colors - silvers, blacks, white, etc. Roof air, double sofa setup. Some of the bays looked pretty messy and one of them looked extensively stained from some type of spill or leak as I recall. That bus is no longer on his site.

Was talking to the folks at Royale Phoenix today and they mentioned that Millennium has a super clean '03 no slide Royale. It's listed on Stuff:http://www.prevost-stuff.com/2003_pr...ium_Luxury.htm

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I posted that the day it was listed. I think he looked at it. too much. 400+ if I remember correctly.

Real nice bus Bri. I would drive it for sure

Default 03 Royale

I looked at the 03 and really like it to bad my bus barn is setup for a 40'. I agree +400K is a little much but I have made worst buy's.

We have been very happy with our Royale. Hope it finds a good home.

I have also owned Monaco's with multiple slides, but like the rest of the plastic RV the slide was just another equally poorly made part of the RV. i would not base my decision on any past plastic experiences.

I do of course have a Marathon slide, (somewhat bias) HWH/Rouge created for Marathon back in 99 built by folks who understood simplicity and the need for the darn thing to work, stay dry and last as long as the rest of the bus. I did replace the hydraulic lines and Air Lock at top, grease the unit, top off the hydraulic reservoir and realign the slide room. While having service at Marathon Florida last week I had the tech who did the work referred to above give me a 1 hour lesson on exactly what he did, how to make each any repairs, service myself without the need for any dealer intervention. The unit is very simple and has many smart aspects that Prevost Car should have considered, like 3 drains on the roof that run off any water that accumulates on the roof when the slide is out, pretty basic stuff, no pins that can get out of line, just a big old lock at top and 3 big slide rails operated by hydraulics that move in and out on a vernier screw. All slide room wiring, heat lines etc are on arms that move with the room. There are six adjustment lock screws, that adjust side to side, up and down at 3 points, really simple and all are tight and level over one year later. The unit is bullet proof, looks exactly like the rest of the bus, has extra support where the cutout was made has never leaked since I have owned it and there was not evidence or paperwork to suggest that it has ever leaked. The extra room is a real treat and makes for wonderful entertainment space.

Marathon and others have recently transitioned away from Prevost Slides (forget the name, will find it) for shells that have cut outs for slide rooms, but with no room construction. Looked at 2008 shell at Prevost Car the other day with this configuration.

I have spent money at the initial purchase period to make sure the room was as good as it could be, but have invested "0" since on maintenance and service.

The only real consideration is additional price and the extra weight that slide rooms bring with it.
    Last edited by 0533; 04-30-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Bruce,

My only point about the Monaco was that we learned how cramped a slide coach may be with the slides in. Prevost was first no-slide we saw and we learned that there is a favorable difference in livability between a no slide model and a slide model with slides in. I guess we were naive enough to think that everyone lived crawling over the bed and with the driver isolated behind a wall. That said, we have also decided that a salon slide may be the best of both worlds in terms of livability in and out of travel mode.

As to the Monaco, we had it on a 3k mile trip and had absolutely no problems whatsoever with anything. Biggest gripe was the rattling and porpoising down the road which led me to look at the Prevost for a better ride and driving experience.

Edit - by the way you have the coolest looking galley area I have seen yet in your coach....
    Last edited by GDeen; 04-30-2009 at 01:56 PM.

The Monaco example was not directed at you Gordon, it is just an example of how the average plastic bus was built and engineered.

The slides on some buses, Prevost's included give very little consideration for owners when the slides are out in some cases not all. The best slide configuration is the 2 slide bus conversion, great space easy to get around.

The newer Prevost slides, especially the 4 slide buses are really created for the Race Car set in my opinion, who have drivers who show up at venues open up the slides and the owner has an instant home. Not great for spending the night at Walmart.

When we are on the road and find ourselves at Walmart we do not run the slide out so we can get a quick get away in the morning.

Our galley will probably be standing long after the bus is scrap metal somewhere, all one piece stainless.

Default Let me Re-Iterate

Sorry, but I am posting this again,

When we camp, we like to dance in the living room, Can't do that in a Non Slide Bus

We would rather have a slide available 50% of the time, than NOT have it 100% of the time.

And yes it is 5:30 somewhere ? Here actually ! TGIF

Gary S.

Knock on wood or stainless, but I have had very little problems with my slides. If you don't count replacing 3 air seals in 3 years. Prevost paid all three times and I am the 3rd owner. No Stainless coming loose yet.
    I don't think you'll ever get anything in writing from Prevost or a convertor on a used Coach and I wouldn't have let that be deal breaker.
    I enjoy the slides, but I have kids and dogs with me on many trips. I'm used to slides, having had two other coaches with slides.
    My slides are Prevost slides.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I drove GaryD's bus to Branson with him, we did a Bonzi run and everything worked great. With my 4 girls(wife and 3 kids) we need to move about when traveling and the slides just didn't sound like a good idea. I agree with Jon on the deal, just depends on how you are going to use the thing and what your budget is, it's all GOOD!