Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No Slide Marathon XLII's

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Gordon,

TMI on the Celica comment.

Sorry Loc, I'll give myself a do better talk...

Gordon,

We had a non-slide XL 40 foot and currently have a double slide XLII 45 foot. I really liked our non-slide coach. We bought the XLII because it had bunks not because it had slides. I really didn't want slides, but the bus had bunks and slides and I could purchase it at a good price (at the time). After having the bus for a year and a half I admit I like the slides because when parked it really opens up the bus and with two young boys and two dogs more space is better. The front slide is not as bad for space invasion as some conversions because Millennium leaves the end windows really large (the windows are the same size in the factory slides, it's the interior trim that makes the difference) so it doesn't feel claustrophobic. The drawback is the rear slide when closed because you have to crawl over the bed to get to the rear closet.

Ignore Ted. He is just jealous of my new government employment and wishes he could slog to NY every week and stay in a seedy motel.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc,

I will temporarily steal this thread.

To enjoy your exile to NYC learn to sample the foods. I haven't lived where I could see the Empire State Building from my living room window for almost 50 years, but I don't miss anything about NYC but the food.

I would kill to have weekly access to NY pizza and mussels

If I had enough money I would pay Rick to pick up a pie for me before he and Wendy come to OKC. (We called pizza pies)

The ethnic foods were to die for. Anything you wanted. You see your new government job in NYC as a seedy motel. I would see it (at least for a while) as a smorgasbord.

I'll bet Deb and Eric will agree.

(Former Secaucus boy and gradute of Weehawken High School)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Loc,

I will temporarily steal this thread.

To enjoy your exile to NYC learn to sample the foods. I haven't lived where I could see the Empire State Building from my living room window for almost 50 years, but I don't miss anything about NYC but the food.

I would kill to have weekly access to NY pizza and mussels

If I had enough money I would pay Rick to pick up a pie for me before he and Wendy come to OKC. (We called pizza pies)

The ethnic foods were to die for. Anything you wanted. You see your new government job in NYC as a seedy motel. I would see it (at least for a while) as a smorgasbord.

I'll bet Deb and Eric will agree.

(Former Secaucus boy and gradute of Weehawken High School)
    Pound & a Pint, $8.95 in Lunenburg Ns., the best mussels ever sitting on the docks of this historic (World Heritage Site) mussels in wine & garlic, can eat 2 pounds easy. great stuff.

If NYC has mussels this good I will make a stop.

PS> Ditto on the slides, wonder if there is a way to make the read slide less cumbersome to get around?

Jon,

I agree that NY has some outstanding food. Unfortunately the only time I get to eat in real restaurant is when JDUB shows up and takes pity on me or the investment bankers / consultants want to have a good meal and I am the excuse. The new stipend doesn't cover the complimentary water and crackers in most eateries. The company cafeteria for lunch and a subway or the cheap salad place for dinner is the typical gastronomic fare for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Jon, I agree that NY has some outstanding food. Unfortunately the only time I get to eat in real restaurant is when JDUB shows up and takes pity on me or the investment bankers / consultants want to have a good meal and I am the excuse. The new stipend doesn't cover the complimentary water and crackers in most eateries. The company cafeteria for lunch and a subway or the cheap salad place for dinner is the typical gastronomic fare for the day.
    So Loc, I take it you are loosing some weight then ? Sorry Loc I just had to smak you a little bit. Miss seeing you around here.

I know, I know....... BITE ME !

Gary S.

Thanks Gary for the kind words. In the words of Stevie Wonder or some other singer that I can't recall "that's what friends are for?" Let's see the job sucks, New York is a drag with no food, the bus is in the shop, the house gets flooded this week (and I have to sleep in a Newell), and now I am waiting for the locusts to show up. The bright side is that I don't have boils yet.
    Last edited by Loc; 05-03-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Try This Restaurant

Loc,

Try taking a meal at Peter Lugar's in Brooklyn. There food is absolutely wonderful. They used to have a tomato and onion dish that I simply could not get enough of.

Question for you, will you be in NYC 11 -14 June 2009? Carole and I will be there a little early for the US Men's Open Golf Championship. Thought maybe we could hook up. We lived there from 1981 -1989. Of course there have been lots of changes since then.

Give us a call (910) 690-5631 if you would like to get together either in the city or out on the island.

Bruce,

You may wish to retract any reference to mussels from anywhere except the NYC (and Philly) areas.

There are mussels, and there are mussels marinara, only to be had in the aforementioned areas.

NY pizza is the same. It has a unique crust not found anywhere else and the right comination of cheese and tomato sauce. Anything else is pretend pizza.

Only someone from NY/NJ can understand. They must kill people that know the secret recipes because other places can come a little close, but never get it right.