Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Slide Marathon XLII's

Question No Slide Marathon XLII's

Where are all the pre-owned no slide Marathon XLII's?? None in Marathon stock, and to my knowledge, none on any of the normal re-sale sites save a 2002 40'. Did they just not make that many of them or are they so popular they don't last long?

Plenty of H3's and a number of Liberty's along with plenty of D/S Marathons... If anyone knows of one, I would appreciate a link.

I have one, Ray Davis and Jdub also have one, thats 3 that are spoken for. I don't think they made very many.

I knew you guys had them Kevin, just haven't seen many/any others - particularly for sale.

Indeed the no-slide XL2's are pretty rare. They are a great coach, and I don't think the owners that have them sell very often.

My understanding (maybe wrong), that by 2002, a non-slide coach was a special order only.

Ray

I thought they recalled the Marathon XLII non-slide coaches because of a continuing problem with a short between the driver's seat and the steering wheel.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

The only one I have seen for a while was on Phil Coopers web site but it is gone now.

We looked a long time to find a non-orphan, non-slide XLII with OTR. I found exactly one and we bought it. I have looked often and have not seen another one for sale; orphan or not.

Jerry is right,there are very few OTR coaches that Marathon manufactured.I called Marathon about a OTR problem and Leon questioned whether I knew what I was asking about,at first he said that they did not make any OTR coaches in 2001 but after pulling the data sheet he agreed that 674 was a OTR coach.They built so few that they forgot to put the fan rheostat in the new dash panel,wired the OTR to the wrong set of batteries,installed the wrong relay for the switching from OTR to the cruise airs.Looking back I would have thought that the 2 previous owners would have figured out that something was wrong when they had to run the OTR with the cruise airs to stay cool.Jerry can attest that the OTR in 674 performs as it was designed to.

I thought they recalled the Marathon XLII non-slide coaches because of a continuing problem with a short between the driver's seat and the steering wheel.
    How do they do the recalls at Millennium? Just wait until all 6 of you are at the Flying J? Oh wait, with Tom and Karin, they now have 7 coaches on the road. That should cause some logistics problems for sure.

Don't you have a fat beagle to wash?

Looks like Liberty is the only realistic option for a no slide XLII with OTR - there are a few of those for sale out there right now. Or stick with the rivets which is not such a bad thing.