Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 89 Marathon

Terry J. Sturgis Guest

Default 89 Marathon

Florida Coach has a 1989 Marathon for sale on their site. I called on it and wound up talking to Lon the owner. It appears to be a nice coach. The coach has two headlights instead of four so I asked if it had an updated frontend. I thought Prevost changed from four headlights to two in 1992. If the board's experts would take a look and express your knowledge, I would appreciate it.
    Also, the ladder in the bedroom goes to the Nascar platform on the roof. I do not care for that so would most likely take it off.
    Bus has 140000 miles. Thanks!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Hey Terry the thing that caught my eye is the ceiling. How many sky lights? Looks unique. If the 8-V has been redone it would have been recently. That is right at the mileage where it could be either way, curious.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 04-24-2009 at 12:36 PM.

In 1988 or 1989, Prevost changed the rear taillight stacks from round to square. In 1991, Prevost changed the headlights from four to two large (Ford F-150 housing with an integrated directional turn signal) and the tailights to the rectangular Bosch stacked set. The 1991 style headlights and taillights remained until the end of the XL run in 1999 -2000. and tailights on the 1991 model year shell. The bus you are looking at has the square tailights for the model year but has had an upgrade on the headlights from four to two. Notice the square turn signals lights just below the windshield which was in place with the four headlight design which did not have integrated turn signals. It probably has a DDEC I or II system. Main thing I would check is maintenance records and do a complete check of the cooling system (radiator).

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Pretty cool looking bus. I wondered about the "nascar" platforms and having an external ladder that anyone could crawl up on your coach with. I guess the bedroom version prevents that from happening! Very interesting.

lewpopp Guest

I'd like to see the coach that Florida Coach has for sale.(the 89) I tried to look it up on their website but it wouldn't let me see the used coaches without registering. What's the secret?

I'd like to know what my competition is doing and compare to see if I'm in the ballpark when I put mine up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    I'd like to see the coach that Florida Coach has for sale.(the 89) I tried to look it up on their website but it wouldn't let me see the used coaches without registering. What's the secret?

I'd like to know what my competition is doing and compare to see if I'm in the ballpark when I put mine up for sale.
    Just click on "pre-owned coaches" and then "view Inventory" at the bottom of the page.

Bob W Guest

I like the look of this unit as well. Maybe I should just buy the thing
    Bob W

Terry J. Sturgis Guest

It is now on e-Bay.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I think that e-bay has wasted my time searching more than all the other websites I have searched combined.

Once again a failed search and again I have asked myself why have I waisted my time.

I went to e-bay motors, narrowed to RV, narrowed to prevost motorhomes and it was not there.

I forgot to say please maybe.

Bob W Guest

If I could but it right what would you guys be afraid of?
    Bob W