Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV upgrade audio

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Hi Jim,

Our TV's are hard wired into the ceiling speakers by Liberty. Essentially, they simply cut the internal speaker wires and routed new wires through the back of the set, which terminate in plug ends.

These plugs then match up to plugs behind the set that run to the overhead speakers. When I replaced the bedroom TV, I followed the same procedure, which worked great!
    Paul, you opened the new tv case and patched into their amplifier? I didn't want to do that to these tvs, so I added amplifiers that get their signal from the headphone out jack on the back of the tvs. The tvs did not have audio out jacks. I sacrificed that for a really good fit in the existing space.

Jim,

I don't get any feedback while on inverters from the amp. Could you possibly turn down the Pyle amp power and up the TV sound coming from the headphone jacks? Maybe that would take away the noise..

Yep,

I opened up the BRAND NEW TV's, cut the wires going to the speakers, and soldered in the wires that Liberty had installed in the old TV's.

There are usually openings in the back for cooling, which work out fine to run the wires through.

Not saying I was thrilled at first about the no-turning-back-now decision to splice into the TV speaker wiring, but it did work out great.

Sounds as good or better than the original Liberty system.

jelmore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Jim,

I don't get any feedback while on inverters from the amp. Could you possibly turn down the Pyle amp power and up the TV sound coming from the headphone jacks? Maybe that would take away the noise..
    Tom, the buzz is on anything that is on that circuit, the TV/VCR circuit. I need to check different volume levels on the amps to see if that makes a difference, but right now, and it probably does, but the amps are balanced to the room.

I found some Liberty installed audio filters in the oddest places. Could you have filters someplace, like next to an outlet?