Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slow acceleration

win42 Guest

Ray
    You may want to go to googleearth.com and have a look. I'm crossing upper NV on hwy 50, one night at Ely,NV the next night at Moab UT and the next day into SF NM. There will be hills. I would do what I could to get the jake fixed. Adj your brakes before leaving home. You'll be fine, take it easy in the hills and gear down.
    Harry

Just Plain Jeff Guest

On the front page of this site is an article entitled, "High Altitude Touring." That may be of some help?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

On the front page of what site? Is there anything in there on bridge weight limits? Hmmmmmm.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

The article is here: http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/hi...detouring.html

If you are driving off the interstate system, there is a book call Next Exit, which is highly recommended. Further, it's good to get a Trucker's Atlas, as there is a section with non-conforming bridge heights by state.

This is particularly useful when going into unknown territory; especially east of the Mississippi.

Default MPG Performance

Photo of DD display for you veiwing pleasure:

[IMG]
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Ben Guest

Does anyone know if the DD ProDriver panel (the thing shown in the last post) can be added to a coach that doesn't have it.

I'd love to know my MPG and other info... I run my generator too much to be able to tell from my fuel usage.

Ben,

I have seen several of them for sale (new) on eBay in the last month, so there are some cheap(er) ones out there. I can't think they are hard to install. It is just a remote readout of the DDEC system.

Jon,

I like the 69.9 MPH figure since I still get to run with the cruise on, everyone passes me and the driving is less stressful. And I still get 5.6 mpg. When I bought my first tank of $3.00 diesel, I threw the notebook away and just enjoyed the ride. I would rather not fret over the $ per mile and just ease down the road with the King of Bling getting smaller in the mirror.

You fly to Oshkosh for the same reason a dog licks his nuts

Ben Guest

Jon, are they usually listed as Detroit Diesel ProDrivers on ebay, or is there something else I should be searching for?

I would do what I could to get the jake fixed. Adj your brakes before leaving home.
    Harry,

Yep, that is my intention. Unfortunately, it's a Country Coach logic board problem, and CC wasn't able to see me for 5-6 months. I'm flying a mechanic out here (hopefully in two weeks), and he's going over these issues before I leave for Santa Fe. I really, really wan the jake working.

-ray

win42 Guest

Ray
    For you it's a nice two day run up to the CC factory in Oregon. If I were you I would make the trip and camp on their door step and run customers off until they decided to fix your coach permanently. A call to the Better Business Bureau is also in order. Oregon is beautiful this time of year. Have you tried to get the name of the electronics people that designed and built their bords?
    Hope you get it resolved.
    Harry