Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa Buddy Seat Repair

Default Villa Buddy Seat Repair

I have a Villa passenger seat with all electric controls and the foot rest would no longer function without help. There are 4 motors and the seat comes apart in 3 sections. The middle section has 3 motors and controls the forward/aft, front and rear tilt. The upper sections is where the motor and screw gear is located for the foot rest. On mine, the motor is good, but the gearbox is failing and the plastic gears are slipping.

The reason I'm mentioning this, is Villa told me parts are getting scarce and some items are no longer available. The gearbox is 45.00 and still available. So if you're having issues, you may want to "get er done."

CIMG0016_1.JPG
    No comments on the dirty garage, wind blowing like crazy

CIMG0018_1.JPG
    Footrest motor, gearbox and screw

CIMG0019_1.JPG
    Gearbox being replaced
    Last edited by truk4u; 04-20-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Good pix, Truk..... stocking up on some of these soon-to-be-real-scarce parts is probably a real good idea.

Thanks for the heads up....

Tom, how do you know the seat is a Villa?
    Is there a name plate on it.
    Do you think I have a villa seat as well?

JIM

Jim,

There are no markings on the seat identifying the manufacturer. I got that information from Liberty.

OK, thanks, I'll check with Liberty to see what I have.

I guess your implying the company is still in business, but has changed the design, and is running out of parts to support the old models?

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Seems to me a converter is derelict in their duties if they do not include the manufacturers info and data on all the components and accessories.

I would not expect info on every screw and nut but the seats in the cockpit seem like a big enough component to include their documentation.

No good Mr. Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Seems to me a converter is derelict in their duties if they do not include the manufacturers info and data on all the components and accessories.

I would not expect info on every screw and nut but the seats in the cockpit seem like a big enough component to include their documentation.

No good Mr. Liberty.
    But, Joe. If your company made a chair like the ones in our Liberty's, wouldn't you put the name of your company somewhere on the chair? Not only the name of the company, but the model number of the chair. At least with Liberty we can still call and get information about our units. Even antiques like mine. Has anyone spoken to Mr. Country Coach lately? Or, how about Mr. Hickox? Documentation has a way of getting lost over the years as we all know. Being able to get info from the convertor is worth it's weight in gold.

Jim - Villa International seems to be alive and well, their customer service is excellent. The parts guy was very familiar with Prevost and Liberty. I think they make the best RV furniture out there, but I suppose parts for old seats will eventually become hard to find. This stuff is built to last and the quality can easily be seen when you take them apart.

Joe - The furniture name was probably on my spec sheet, but I just called Liberty and they had the answer. The big couch in Jamie's CC was also Villa and when I removed it, I don't recall any markings on it as well.

Ted - Good point, nice to be able to talk to a guy at Liberty that was there when my 15 year old bus was built, that's priceless!

I spoke with a regional rep from Villa after the FMCA rally in St Paul last summer and she confirmed that Villa would have all the specs for our furniture available simply by providing the Liberty Coach number.

She further indicated that Villa had a close relationship with Liberty Coach and that there was plenty of documentation for the Prevost conversions.

That's really nice to know Paul, thanks for passing the info on!

JIM