Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Trip - Bus Shoppin...

Gordon,

Give us an idea what your looking for, year range and maybe others can help. At PSL, if one of them is a 98 Liberty, call me or talk to Lew first.

Quote Originally Posted by GDeen View Post

Adam, I will indeed take you up on you offer. Will change our hotel reservation down to that area for Tuesday night. Sounds like lots of fun. Will shoot you a note once I get the schedule a little more firmed up.
    Great. We'll look forward to meeting you! Offer is good for any other POGers down that way as well. We play a show in Boca Raton on Saturday night (April 18, 8PM) and then another one in Palm Beach Gardens (at the Eissey Campus Theater... an AMAZING hall, at 7PM on Tuesday the 21st.) And we are staying at Juno Beach RV Resort, after a bunch of y'all recommended it. So come on by and say hi.

If you're in the Port St. Lucie area, stop by the Outdoor Resorts and say hello..... we're on Lot 25 and would be happy to meet you.

We purchased our Liberty coach from Fred Green at Marathon in San Antonio. Real nice guy but, if Marathon states that a bus has "had a complete PDI", I would want to see for myself exactly what was done. Their definition is loose to say the least.

We took them at their word and found out later by personal inspection that some important items were either missed or ignored.

Have fun shopping!!!

Thanks Paul, would love to meet you. Will check up with you during our whirlwind tour on our timing.

The $599 Vantare is a little north of our budget for our first bus. Wanting to stick with something somewhat less than that to ensure we like it. Probably the type of logic that leads to membership in the TBC.

I am specifically looking at a couple of 2000 model XLV's and a couple of earlyish XLII's (<2003). Other than that, it is an open book (or checkbook as it were).

Also want to say that Joe your comment from the first page of this thread is so true. Great folks here offering all kinds of help and even admission to their shows! We are going to have a good time if I can keep the blackberry from tracking me down...

I am at Parliament for a long weekend stay and Mark the sales guy showed me a 2000 Vantare that he is going to show Gordon. Very nice coach.
    Parliament is treating us great. I needed a place to park near Tampa so the wife could go to a class in town Friday afternoon. Ken and Mark were nice enough to let us spend the weekend here with full hookups. The only drawback is that there are a LOT of very nice coaches to droll over. The boss has already given me the evil eye, so I need to be careful and go into stealth mode and see what I can find that I could talk her into. ( not very likely thou)
    Gordon, I think you will like these people here. Very nice and easy going.

Quote Originally Posted by ajducote View Post
    I am at Parliament for a long weekend stay and Mark the sales guy showed me a 2000 Vantare that he is going to show Gordon. Very nice coach.
    Parliament is treating us great. I needed a place to park near Tampa so the wife could go to a class in town Friday afternoon. Ken and Mark were nice enough to let us spend the weekend here with full hookups. The only drawback is that there are a LOT of very nice coaches to droll over. The boss has already given me the evil eye, so I need to be careful and go into stealth mode and see what I can find that I could talk her into. ( not very likely thou)
    Gordon, I think you will like these people here. Very nice and easy going.
    Thanks Andre - Mark has been very helpful by email and I look forward to meeting him in person. I think that is an 01 Vantare XLII right? Green and white?

Yes I think that is the one. I looked at a bunch and might have gotten confused. At any rate, the one he said he was going to show you was beautiful.

Featherlite sent me an e-mail today: http://fthrc.com/listing.php?type=all

$250,000.00 off all Coaches!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Liberty is having a similar sale. Except instead of being $250,000 off all coaches it is $1.00 off of some selected coaches.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Actually Liberty has a 98 Liberty that has been on their inventory for a long time. I looked at it when making a deal on our Royale. It appeared to be a beauty and would imagine that it could be had for a very good price. Would suggest however that the PDI should be monitored very carefully to make sure all discrepancies are found and dealt with. A second (unbiased) set of eyes would be a good idea. My experience in dealing with the folks at Stuart was very good and they were more than willing to rectify the issues that I asked them to take care of.