Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ....It's a restaurant!!

Wink What is it?

Looks almost like a "baby" or "Mini Me" C-141 recently retired by USAF....overhead wing etc.

Joe C.

We flew a small airline called TACA. Going down we flew LAX - Guatamala City (did not change planes, did not even get off plane) - San Jose, C.R.. On the way home we flew San Jose - Guatamala City, everyone had to get off the plane, go through securtiy again, had all the liquid stuff confiscated that we bought in the duty free shop in San Jose, got back on the same plane and flew to LAX. What a racquet, what a pisser!!

Ken

Ken,

You shouldn't have signed up unless you couldn't take a joke!! TACA is OK, well sort of............... Guatamala blows big wind...don't go there on anyone....that's a place to be overflown. Costa Rica, hell we are all going to end up living there, Beleze is a bit nicer but too much money.

Hangar Man...that's a C-119 or a C-123, no real difference...both built by Fairchild, both deathtraps. Both junkers...been there/done that

John

I thought the dollar 19's had two tail booms and clam shell rear doors. I remember jumping out of them in '66 in jump school.
    GregM

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    Ken,

Hangar Man...that's a C-119 or a C-123, no real difference...both built by Fairchild, both deathtraps. Both junkers...been there/done that

John
    For those who would be reminded of a questionable experience..............

C119 C123
    Last edited by BrianE; 10-15-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Nice pix Brian....seems to me if my memory still works, that the buzz words you never wanted to hear were "double shorted secondary"