Thread: Ps Lo

Default Ps Lo

I got my new cruisair put in last week. At first it worked amazingly well. Then it started to just work well. (cool, but not cold air.) Then, tonight, it stopped and on the SMX panel it flashed PS, then it flashed LO. What does that mean? Low pressure? The guy who installed it (a rebuilt unit from AAP) was a pro, recommended by AAP. He said that the unit came pre-charged and due to the fact that it was my front cruisair and the lines were short, it did not need any freon.

Any thoughts? Obviously I'll be calling Johnny on Monday. I'm in New Orleans right now (hey, I played on Bourbon St. tonight with Steamboat Willie :-) and then I head to Destin, FL for a couple of days before I head down to Juno Beach for a week. Anybody know any cruisair guys in any of these places? I'm guessing I'm going to need some professional help.

Thanks,

Adam

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Happy Easter everyone.

Is that the same thing that happened to the old one?

Before he opened up the valves on the new condensing unit and let the freon loose how long did he wait to see if it the rest of the loop held vacuum?

Adam,

Parliament in Clearwater is your best bet. Call and ask for Rick and tell them your Pogger.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Happy Easter everyone.

Is that the same thing that happened to the old one?

Before he opened up the valves on the new condensing unit and let the freon loose how long did he wait to see if it the rest of the loop held vacuum?
    No, the old one's compressor wouldn't come on. This one does work. As for how long he waited to see if it held a vacuum... I have no idea. Johnny at AAP recommended these guys, so I figured that they were good. (Blue Moon Mobile RV repair.)

Hmmmmm.... so, what does the PS LO mean? Does it mean I am low on Freon?

Thanks,

Adam

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

If it is in fact low you have 2 possibilities. A fitting is loose or there is a leak in the evap or the line somewhere.

What is the standard for time for a vacuum or is there one? How many psi are you looking to hold doing it?

The vacuum pump I just bought says vacuum the system for a minimum of 30 minutes, then shut down pump and wait at least 10 miuntes to see if the needle on the gage moves at all. I actually waited about an hour to see if there was a leak.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Check this out Adam: http://www.cruisair.com/sheets/L-2362.pdf

See page 12 and 13.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide