Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Considering a Newell or Prevost

The Aqua-Hot should have both diesel fired and electric. On the ones I've had, electric is good for small amounts of hot water (depending on heater size). On the diesel position, it should give continuous hot water without running out. The heat exchanger should make very hot water while driving.

I think the Aqua-Hot is a great system since it's self contained and has both electric and diesel vs our Webasto.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

That is what I thought but I was not sure.

Either something is not entirely correct or you are not operating it correctly possibly both.

Who is the converter and is there any documentation for the house stuff

lewpopp Guest

Fixrim,

You ask a lot of interesting questions about your recent problems with your coach.

Is the reason you listed all your kids and ages is because you think we are the family doctor forum. By the way, we have 8 kids but no one knows that here unless we are personal friends. It makes no difference anyway.

What I getting at, list the year and converter of your coach in the childrens list so we can take some shortcuts.

There you have been reprimanded by the grouch.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Tom why can't you can run the webasto along with the electric element in the hot water heater when the need for much hot water is anticipated, that cuts the recovery time in half.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 05-07-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Joe, when I run my Webasto I get hot water so fast it's remarkable.

The added electric heater will not shorten the time in a meaningful way.

Maybe fixrim doesn't have his water valves for the Webasto/Aquahot set for maximum hot water flow through the heat exchanger of the potable hot water tank?

JIM
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 05-07-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Joe - Hot water from the Webasto and the electric is never an issue, tons of hot water from either source and we have never run out. Our tank is 20 gallons.

The Agua-Hot has to heat the self contained anti-freeze tank and then the water heater. The two that I have had would heat the water with no problem on electric, but there just isn't enough volume to even get a shower. Ok for washing dishes and things, but anything beyond that takes the diesel. You can run both electric and diesel.

Where is really shines, is in the winter you can set it on electric, turn on the bay, engine and coach heat loops and it warms things up nicely. Not hot, but warm enough to keep things warm when freezing.

Mine were in plastic coaches, a CC and Foretravel and lots of friends had the same systems and it was a given rule, if you want a shower, hit the diesel button.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

My comments were suggestions for fixrim who has 7 on board not 2.

We have only 1 10 gal hot water heater currently warmed only by the electric element and lack of hot water is not an issue for us.

Only 2 people with 2 hot water heaters and 2 heat sources, Tom what do you do in the shower

Joe,

Don't you have important things to do like fixing broken pipes or are you going to pick on Liberty owners who have good systems and don't have to worry about stuff like lack of hot water. With an 80,000 BTU webasto and a 22 gallon electric water heater we don't have to worry about details like hot water.

We can focus on draining our water system so pipes don't break.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Wink Careful on the Questions

Hey Joe,

Why you wanna know what the Trucster does in the shower? Sometimes it is better to wonder in silence than to give voice to a question like that. Heck, Tom might even answer the question and embarass all of us!

Only Joe and Houdini could get creative in bus showers!