Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Considering a Newell or Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by fixrim View Post
    Yeah that's me.

We picked up the coach a couple of weeks ago, took it on a maiden voyage this last weekend. On the way back from Nashville I realized it had a 72mph limiter in it, so I had that removed. WOW, what a difference, it drives like a car and I find I have to let off the throttle a lot or my speed creeps way up. Feels like these thing could cruise at 90 or 100mph and be perfectly fine, though I am sure that is a little unsafe!

The guys at busforsale.com were very nice, but their inspection missed a few things. A defective water pump, valves stuck, aquahot with a big leak. I think this coach suffered from sitting too long not in use. Minor repairs and I can't complain, I bought it as is and expected to have to do a few things.

I have a couple of tech questions however, not sure if anyone can help. The inverter seems to only come on after I hit the battery merge button, like it has to be "shocked" into coming on. Most times will not invert, takes minutes to hours to start inverting, and is inconsistent. It is a xantrax unit. I would prefer not to run the genset while driving, but that is exactly what we have had to do. The water pump is a headhunter mach5 110v unit, makes great pressure, but goes into fault mode after about 2 minutes unless the water is always running. Any advice on that issue? And lastly we have a Catcon tank level system which appears defective. I have called catcon but they are either out of business or won't return my calls.

I also am on the hunt for a stacker. I called Prevost and they claimed 20,000 lbs of trailer is no problem for an XLII. I hope they are right, my trailer will end up in the 14,000 range.

Also anyone know about an aquahot? Is it also my hot water heater> If so it does not supply constant hot water, rather, we run out after a few minutes. Fine for people who take regular showers but I like longer ones and am wondering what to do here..

As for the Newell vs Prevost, well, the ride in the Prevost is nothing short of amazing.
    Oh and one last thing, I was totally unprepared for an insurance bill that is FOUR times what it costs to insure my Renegade! Is this normal?

Thanks in advance everyone for all the help

Congratulations! Looks like an awesome coach. Beautiful woodwork!
    We have four boys and recently ordered a Prevost conversion. Its a few years old but still looks new (as i guess all XL2's do). We're having some mods done to provide sleeping for everyone and should be taking delivery in a few weeks.
    You definitely made the right choice. Before placing our order, we had looked at everything under the sun (and also previously owned a freightliner truck based coach similar to Renegade). The ride, handling, and braking of the Prevost is by far the best out there.
    Good luck with it!

PS: we saw some nice lightweight all aluminum stacker trailers made by Featherlite that might work for your needs. We're considering one of those as well to fit the car and the quads.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

How are you bedding that many bodys without bunks?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    How are you bedding that many bodys without bunks?
    it has a big sleeper sofa (two people), and being added is another sofa across the aisle with motorized extendable seat cushions (one person), plus a pull-out trundle feature (one person), and l-shaped dinette with extendable seat cushions (one person). Plus of course the back queen bed.