Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surge protector

Well I liked the Progressive Ind. one as well, but my first on just quit working (display blank, no power) and now the second one has quit as well (display works, just no power going thru it). Both times it was working when I unplugged it for travel and then it would not work when I plugged it back in, so either it doesn't travel well or it needs a more delicate place for storage than in the plumbing bay.

I am going to call them about this last one, but I have to think they will get tired of replacing them before long.

lonesome george Guest

Jerry,
    Please let us know how things come out with the replacement unit.

Jerry,

I had basically the same experience. Mine would be fine when I unplugged it and then a few hundred miles down the road it wouldn't work.

Mine has been replaced 4 times..... so far #4 is working fine.

However, the company indicated that my replacement units were actually "refurbished" ones, although they looked new. So, when they sent me #4, they sent an actual new replacement unit.

I like the protector, the one in our old RV was permanently installed and never had a problem.

But the portable one we have now has been a challenge.

I guess my issue is I really like the unit and especially the display. I am just at a loss as to what the problem is.

I'll post my results.

It worked before Mango used it a few weeks ago and tried plugging it in upside down while Loc, Hector, Gary and I watched!

CIMG0149_1.JPG
    Where the hell is the other cord, that one didn't work?

Hey Ken. who you calling a teenager?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I have the same unit and it has worked fine for almost two years now. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything?

How difficult would an in-line installed unit be to put in one of our busses? It would be easier to have an inline protector, but maybe not if they keep going bad?

Gary S.

We have the same unit, I thought the first unit was defective as it was showing a bunch of codes in the display however there was no power to the bus. Called and was informed that it takes a few minutes for the unit to run its tests before it allows power to the bus( will read instructions next time)in any event while on that particular trip we had lightning strike a tree which jumped into a pedestal next to us. It cooked the guys coach on the other side of the pedestal. We had no damage,whether it was the protector or dumb luck I can't say.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Hey GaryD,

You know those kids aren't qualified to carry your tool belt, let alone work on a power pole we plug our busses in.

Hope you make it this weekend,

Ken

FWIW, my daughter's company manufactures the power outlets we plug our buses into.

There are all sorts of things we would like to do to improve the outlets, but a reality we have to deal with is that RV park owners will buy product from a competitor for a $1 difference in price regardless of features.

Surge protectors could be an integral part of every power outlet, but until it is madated or part of the certification standard it will never happen. That is the place for surge protection as well as protection against high and low voltage. But if the power at the pedestal turned off because the campground had low voltage then the individual campsite tenant would no longer think it was an isolated issue because he would see every other site occupant had experienced an automatic shut off. At that point the RV park owner would have to face the issue instead of sloughing it off.