Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Average Annual Maintenance Cost

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    I think there is something wrong with me, all I think about is buying an old Prevost. Is there any cure to this malady?
    Bob,

No cure. You will buy your first Prevost soon, then second, then ....
    So many Prevosts, so little time

Alek

lewpopp Guest

Bob W.,

I have just what you are looking for right here in Florida. It will be going up for sale in the near future and the guy or gal that gets it will be happy people.

lewpopp Guest

Bob W

Email me and I'll send you some pictures. Don't miss this one!!!!!

lewpopp2@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Bob W

Email me and I'll send you some pictures. Don't miss this one!!!!!

lewpopp2@aol.com
    Lew: I sent you an e-mail a little bit ago about your bus. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    I think there is something wrong with me, all I think about is buying an old Prevost. Is there any cure to this malady?
    Bob, There is nothing wrong with buying an older Prevost, as long as you do not fall into the trap of buying one at a bargain price and do not carefully inspect the bus using a professional (Prevost professional) looking at all records, all systems, every document that exists to see how the bus was cared for, when it was serviced, (if good service records do not exist, move on) when major expense items where upgraded. I would pay more for a bus that was well maintained, especially if it where owned by a POG member (not a sales pitch). Do the math determine what are the big expense items, Tires $6500, Batteries (chassis&House) $4500, Audio visual,$$, Airbags $$, Shocks$$ there is a long list that adds up very quickly. If you find a bus that has had a recent upgrade of the major stuff, figure it's value into the purchase, it is worth more. If you are not a do It Yourself kind of Guy (like me) you will pay more, so if it is all done and done well, the well cared for upgraded Prevost is worth a premium price.

Bob W Guest

Thanks Pam and Bruce for your response. We are not sure what to do at this time. There seem to be many nice looking busses on the market but they are located all over the country. We are in the Chicago area and as we both still work, have limited ability to take time off to do the proper search.
    Thanks again
    Bob W

There are a few extremely reputable dealers out there that you can trust, I mean really trust that they will sell you a quality bus, most advertise on POG. If I really wanted a bus, badly, had the itch and it would not go away, but could not take the time to do the due diligence properly myself, I would search for someone to do it for me that was recommended, and pay the price for his services. I am certain that this group knows a few qualified people who can carry the ball and search for you based on a list of criteria, $$ , year, brand, style, configuration etc. Ask Jon W. Jon knows everything and might well be able to help you with your quest of ownership. The cost of a qualified inspector is well worth the price. I have purchased many boats this way, zeroed in on 2 or 3 boats then sent out a qualified inspector, just add a clause that the purchase is subject to your final inspection and test drive, even after your representative has signed off.

Yankee802 Guest

Here is my 2¢, We live in our bus fulltime, so our milage is minimal. We got a bus in good condition and believe it was well maintained. Being stationary fulltimers (military) we maintain based on time rather than miles. I just had my first annual done, and it was just under $1k. Also got oil analyzed at purchase and at recent service, very good results and I get that warm fuzzy. (even watched them pour it straight from the quart jug to the sample bottle) For everything in our first year of ownership, we've spent just over $3k. A LOT of that was non maintenance related stuff and fuel for montly runs, so your milage may vary.

Geoff
    Last edited by Yankee802; 04-12-2009 at 11:59 PM.