Thread: Great Service From Fan-Tastic Vent Co.

Hybrid View

Default Great Service From Fan-Tastic Vent Co.

Many folks know that Liberty's older coaches have a single speed vent fan in the bathroom. You have to remove the mirror cover to even change the fan speed. A year ago I bought and installed a Fan-Tastic vent fan that has a remote control for on/off and fan speed. Works great and we never had any problems with the unit until yesterday.
    We're at Texas Motor Speedway this week and Thursday we had wind gusts up to 60 MPH. I had left the vent open while we were at the track and when we got back the the bus, the wind had broken the bracket that holds the lift motor in place. This morning I called the company to order the broken part. When I explained to the parts guy what had happened and what part I needed, he recommended replacing the lift arm and the lift motor assembly, not just the broken bracket. So, at no charge, not even a shipping charge, they are sending me all the parts to make the unit new again. I wonder if I should have ask him to come down and fix it for me? I'll try that next time. Great customer service from Fan-Tastic Vent Company.
    If you have a Liberty with the single speed bathroom fan, this is a real nice upgrade and takes about an hour to install.

Fan-Tastic Vent Co. has been repairing or replacing fans for years at no charge. Best customer service ever.

Mel,

I have the same setup and drives me crazy. Do you still use the rocker switch to turn on and off and then adjust with the remote? On previous plastic coaches they had all kinds of bells and whistles with the Fantastic's and I could leave the dome cover open just for ventilation and not run the fan at all. They also had a dome stop button so you could put a smoke cover over the fan and leave it open while driving. What is the model number you changed to?

Tom, I have no idea what the model number of my unit is. I always hated the single fan speed setting with the Liberty factory setup. I think I saw an ad in FMCA mag. for the remote control unit and ordered it. I wired around the stock rocker switch. It now does nothing. This unit has ten speed settings and an auto mode that functions like an atic fan for temperture control. We just use the manual setting. The only downside is that I'm not able to open the vent only part way like the old crank up units. When you turn it on, it opens all the way.
    We have a mutual friend that the number ten setting was designed for.

Ted: I bet I know who.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default Fantastic Fan Customer Service

Ditto on the customer service at Fantastic Fan. Last summer started having problems with mine, inconsistancy. When I talked with FF techs, they agreed to send me a new unit. Oops, they sent me the wrong model for the replacement. I called, and they resent one immediately and then they called back later to find out if I had gotten the new (correct) unit. WOW! Long and short of it, I got the right one, replaced the old one and am happy as can be. Rain detection is excellent. Thermal is excellent. I wonder about the full extended part, but have not had that happen. Kuddos to Fantastic Fan.