Thread: Hub Cover spinner

ken&ellen Guest

Angry Hub Cover spinner

Well, I did it....it was not at a Jimmy Buffet show...it was a toll booth curb!
    The spinner just stuck out tooooooo far and caught the curb. Of course it crushed the hub cover as it twisted. In my defense they had the wide lane closed and I was forced into using the car lane at 5:50AM...still dark!
    Now back to my point...I never really liked the spinners, although they had a few hits on the charts in the early 60's, so I am looking for a plain hub cover and intend to replace all 4. Does anyone have a good source for these units? I know Mango has the non-Prevost approved without nuts.....I think I prefer nuts! Thanks as always. Ken

lewpopp Guest

Ken,

I replaced my spinners and bullet nut covers with full moons that are chromed. Of course chrome is much cheaper than stainless and they can be obtained from truck chrome shops. I picke mine up for about $50 a piece. This particular shop is in Lake Park, Ga. on route 75 just north of the Florida border. Their phone # is 229-559-4577 and their fax is 229-559-8730. They may have a list of their products they can send you.

The stainless jobbers cost about 2 grand for a complete set and that's too many Lew Bucks unless you operate a restaurant that make a thousand percent profit or more.

All you have to make sure is to keep the chromed polished or they will get away from you.

Lew

lewpopp Guest

I just ran across a company that has both stainless and chrome covers. They have catalogs, etc. www.atwchrome.com. Try that, they have both Pa. and WV locations.

The Buffet "incident" was certainly a lot more fun than the curb, although just as painful. Get those Lewbucks ready.

Here's some info:

http://www.themotorhomeguy.com/revie...xle_cover.html

Believe me Lew, if the restaurant biz was showing 1,000% profit, I'd be driving a new Winnie instead of a 10 year old bus.

Mango

I have had the same or a very similar setup, bracket held on by a lug nut and cap secured to the bracket buy a set screw, for the past 5 years on my Foretravel and it has worked very well. So much easier to keep clean than the lug nut caps!

Denny

lewpopp Guest

Ken, How in hell did you bust a spinner and not get a rearview mirroe? Did you come in sideways? Trying to figure it out.

Plus, your bus WILL fit thru all tollways is your careful. It's not like loading a CD player. Better luck next time.

ken&ellen Guest

Thumbs up Liberty to the rescue!

I tried all types of truck stops, internet sites, and even called Prevost. Tony and Frank at Liberty responded to my e-mail for parts ...they are on the way.
    Had to stay with the spinner style...spending Lew bucks on the Liberty again!
    Lew, did not hit the mirrors because the curb was only high enough to catch one spinner. Ken

lewpopp Guest

What I meant was, if you were close enough to hit the hub, the mirror must have been awful close to the collection station.

Liberty has you jokers brainwashed.

ken&ellen Guest

Lew, I do not think Liberty is doing anything but providing good customer service. Besides Liberty supported our POG rally and since they responded to my e-mail looking for information with a phone call to my home I gave them the order.
    I guess in the future I will avoid toll bridges that do not have EZ pass express ( 55 mph + ) lanes that you could drive the space shuttle through. Ken