Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Country Coach OTR Air

Thanks Dale, you gave me several things to look at. After we get back from the Tom Johnson Rally, I am going to take the condenser off and see if I can find any identification on it. The plastic shroud around the fans is broke in several places so I may have to fabricate a new one out of metal.. I will check the fans also and get the specs on them and find two replacements.

dreamchasers Guest

Denny,

The serial number data tag for my unit was located on the plastic housing for the condenser. A Frigi-cool sticker was affixed on the top of the housing. I had to remove it to see the tag.

I agree with Dale, if possible salvage the condensing unit. I purchased the electric fans from a company in Arlington, Texas. I will get the contact info to you.

I have found that my dash air alone is 'wimpy'. However, it works well when the OTR air is functioning properly.

I have not checked the temperature differential of the OTR air or dash air. I will forward that data when obtained.

Hector

Hector, Your dash air may not be working to full capacity or maybe it is a different configuration than mine. As I stated in an early post, the dash air is all we have ever used while traveling, and it has always been very sufficient for us. I don't do a lot of long distance travel in the middle of the summer, but we've made several short trips with no problems.

At the same time, I am not saying dash air is all you need when it's really hot. Paulette and I are usually both sitting at the front of the bus when we travel, so I don't worry much about the other parts until I get ready to stop. Maybe you need a little charge in yours to get it to full capacity.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Has anyone purchased a replacement condenser fan. While under the bus changing the oil and lubricating the chassis today, I turned on the OTR air again. I noticed that one of the fans is running slower than the other, so I need to replace it.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,

Hector just posted recently about replacing his fans..

Tom, I thought I had read that someone recently replaced a fan, but I scanned this thread, and decided it wasn't here. I see now that it was.

Hector, Where did you buy your fan.? I am not sure it is exactly the same as mine, but it probably is. The picture shows what mine look like. I tried to read the part #on mine today, but could not see it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dale & Paulette

dreamchasers Guest

Thanks Tom for the reminder.

Dale and Denny,

I attempted to purchase replacement fans first from Country Coach (No Luck), second from Frigi-Cool/SES (They had remaining stock from their purchase of Frigi-Cool, but no replacement fans.), and third from Tripac International (A manufacturer of automotive electric fans located in Fort Worth, Texas.)

I purchased 2 ea.

p/n-14-4911B1, Fan ASM, 11" 90W Pusher

I purchased them in November 2007 @$41.00 ea.

Tripac International Inc.
    9224 Oak Grove Road
    Fort Worth, Texas 76140
    phone-817-534-9278, Fax-817-534-7597

I had to trim the fan mounting slightly for the fans to 'snap' into the plastic shroud. The fans works great and has improved the performance of my OTR air. My coach being a 1995, replacing both fans made good sense. I did pull the condenser assembly from under the coach for replacement. I think it can be done in place, but will take additional careful 'back time' under the coach. The condenser will need to be 'hung' so the plastic shroud can be removed to expose the fans. These fans are controlled by relays located in the Electronic Control Cabinet.

http://www.tripacintl.com/idxhome.html

I see this company as a supplier of condensers and evaporators also.

Good Luck!

Hector

Hector, Thanks for the info. They must have updated the part #; I couldn't find it on the website.
    Dale & Paulette

dreamchasers Guest

Dale,

I do not beleive all the fans are on their web site. Perhaps a phone call to the tech reps. You can refer to invoice #0049182. As I recall, each fan is custom built per order.

Your picture reminded me of how little room is available under the coach when the condensers are mounted. When I removed the condenser assembly to reburbish the fans, I also rebuilt the air dryer, replaced the ball check valves in the primary air tank (and secondary air tank in the front of the bus) and leaked checked the pneumatic system in the rear of the coach.

Good Luck!

Hector

Hector, I will give them a call. I am really hoping that I can remove this fan without removing the condenser, since I just replaced almost everything in my OTR system and recharged it.
    Last edited by dale farley; 04-10-2009 at 09:46 AM.
    Dale & Paulette