Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Country Coach OTR Air

Dale, I have looked for this information and do not have it. I wonder if I ever did have it because I don't see any thing about my OTR system !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Do any of you other 99 CC owners have a diagram of the freon lines and components for the OTR Air? There is a slot in my accordian folder for the OTR Air, but the slot is currently empty. I want to flush my lines before I charge the system, and I need to know where the lines actually go.
    I will look, quite certain I have one but it will take me a few days, bus and I are thousand or so miles apart and the data is in the belly. I can scan the page and e mail it.......

Now you say flush the lines, do you mean flushing the system, removing all of the R-34 and starting over? If so, you are going to need about 12 pounds of 134 ($$$), some refregerant oil, a set of gauges, an a/c vacuum pump to draw down the system and remove all of the moisture and a freon recovery tank. All of that would be accomplished at the compressor in the engine compartment and really should best be left to a trained professional.

Should you be talking about just cleaning off the components, looks like you have uncovered all of the evaporators, the condensor is under the front of the bus.........nothing else there.

John

Jim K.,

I'm not sure if I ever had anything either. I did find warranty papers, etc., but no diagrams. I called the manufacturer of the system, and a technician said they had the wiring diagrams if we need them.

John,

If you find a diagram of the freon travel, I would appreciate a copy. Probably the other 1999 CC owners would also. I have all the tools and supplies (including A/C Flush) you mentioned except for the recovery system. I had to break down and go by another set of gages, since my R12 set was over 30 years old. An A/C friend that goes to our church has the recovery system. I noticed that the 134 has increased in price from $27 a case (12) to over $40 at Sams. So much for deflation!

I have replaced the compressor, dryer, both expansion valves, and O rings. The expansion valve in the kitchen was clogged with something, so I am flushing all the lines from the evaporators to the compressor/dryer. The clogged expansion valve was probably the only failed component, but I couldn't see disassembling the system without changing all the parts, since it is 10 years old. The clog did not appear to be compressor or dryer debris. Fortunately, I didn't have any noticeable leaks, but knowing my luck, I'll put it all back together and spring a leak in the evaporator or condenser.

Disclaimer: I don't pretend to be an A/C expert. I always ask for guidance from A/C people and supply houses every time I tackle a job of this magnitude. When I was much younger, I would have stayed up all night and tried to get everything back together and hoped it worked. I am significantly more cautious and patient at this point in my life.
    Last edited by dale farley; 04-01-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

dreamchasers Guest

Dale,

My system was made by Frigi-Cool/SES. Frigi-Cool was apparently sold to SES. Is that the manfacturer of the system installed in a '99.

Hector

Hector,

Mine is made by SCS (Specific Climate Systems) in Ft. Worth, TX. They seem to be a very large corporation.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,
    I was looking through my schematics and I have one for my 40. I would be glad to send you a copy or show it to you at the Tom Johnson Rally. I understand your frustration and wanting to do things yourself. I have had mine at two different AC places and it still is not working properly.

I think I am going to be my own AC expert. Hector has concurred his system so he is a great resource for help along with several others on POG.

Denny,

I blew air through the lines to identify where they connected on the opposite end before I flushed them, so that part went okay. I got the lines flushed and reconnected everything today. I pulled a vacuum on the system, and that looks good, so I plan to charge it tomorrow.

I would definitely like to get a copy of the diagram when I see you in N.C. I would think it would be "almost" identical to mine. Thanks.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,
    What did you use to flush the lines? And did you flush the condenser?

Dennny,

I did not flush the condenser. I bought a quart of A/C Flush from my local shop ($10). They told me to just flush the lines from the one expansion valve back to the dryer. Since part of the line is the same for both evaporators, I flushed the entire line for both. As instructed by the A/C shop, I injected the fluid and blew it through the line with air. I disconnected the line from the dryer and extended it with a piece of hose so I could let the line drain in a bucket at the back of the bus. It worked surprisingly well.

Because I had the line off the expansion valve in the bedroom also, I wrapped that line with a large towel to catch the fluid that went that direction. By shutting off the rear A/C control, I was able to control where the fluid went. I injected and blew the fluid until the lines were clear.

The only thing I would do differently about the flushing is that I would purchase a squeeze bottle with a small nozzle for injecting the fluid in the lines. I used a clean dish detergent bottle but had to be very careful not to spill the fluid while trying to squeeze it in the line.
    Dale & Paulette

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Hector,

Mine is made by SCS (Specific Climate Systems) in Ft. Worth, TX. They seem to be a very large corporation.
    I have SCS air conditioner units in my coach. I love them; 11 years old and going strong.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot