Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Country Coach OTR Air

Default Country Coach OTR Air

I have procrastanated on checking the filters on my two evaporators for my OTR air because I didn't know exactly what was involved in getting to them. Today, I looked at both units and realized it wasn't nearly as complicated as I thought it would be. There are no filters on the evaporators, but the fins were clean. Don't know how or why, and I could easily add a filter but don't think I will.

For those with a CC of my vintage, I have attached a couple pictures to show what is under the head of the bed (OTR Air and Webasto), and the second OTR unit that is under the kitchen cabinet. The bedroom required removing the headboard, mattress and plywood cover over the units. The kitchen required removing two doors and two screws in the bottom shelf.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dale farley; 03-28-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

In the bedroom unit it looks like one heck of a good knick in the right black hose.
    GregM

Greg, There is a considerable kink, but I checked it and the air blows through with no problem. The two lines are more than sufficient for the air volume.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,

I too have taken my cabinet and bed apart and found they were clean and no filters. There is a filter on the front drivers air. You have to take the panel off that is along the steps with the lighted handle/handrail attached. On mine the evaporator and filter were both in need of a good cleaning. Easy job to do.

While you guys are doing all of that don't forget to take a garden hose and wash off the condensor which is up above the front axle.....often missed but very important.

John

dreamchasers Guest

Hey fellow Country Coach owners. Also, don't forget to check that both of the electric cooling fans are running on the condenser when you have the coach AC turned on (Under the coach, in front of the axle diff.).

I had one faulty fan that lead to long term (Failed on the previous owner) high temperatures for the compressor. The constant high temperatures 'warped' the AC compressor case and it was a 'leaker' (Case leaked). I ended up replacing the compressor and leak tested the lines. All is well in R-12 land.

Now that I have my coach air working great, my Prevost dash air leaked down last week. Humm... Story to be continued..... more pictures coming for sure.

Hector

What do you all think about using brake kleen on the condenser to remove road debris and tar ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

When I cleaned mine, I used Gunk Engine Cleaner. Aluminum came out bright and shiny.

Make certain if you use Gunk that you get the petroleum based stuff (has a flammable warning on the can) rather than the green bio friendly Gunk that has all the cleaning power of Ivory Snow.

Spray Kleen for brakes will work too but it also likes to remove paint, especially if you get to cunning in your spraying efforts......oh and keep all that stuff away from any undercoating (save the Green Gunk).....that can create a real mess........

Do any of you other 99 CC owners have a diagram of the freon lines and components for the OTR Air? There is a slot in my accordian folder for the OTR Air, but the slot is currently empty. I want to flush my lines before I charge the system, and I need to know where the lines actually go.
    Dale & Paulette