Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air lock not functional ....

Excellent. Thanks Jack.

So, a little followup to the air-lock issue. As it turns out, I spoke with Kevin Erion as we got ready for our trip out to ORA Rancho, and his air-lock was in-op as well. I hear that Jdub's may also not work.

Well, Kevin spent a good part of a day tracking things down, and I spent the good part of an evening pooring over schematics from Prevost. It turns out tha there are two switches in series with the airlock, which are designed to prevent it from activating, or to de-activate it. One switch is the door-closed switch, and the second is a micro-switch attached to the door handle itself.

Earlier this week Kevin tracked his problem down to the fact that the switch attached to the door handle was out of adjustment. Once that was re-adjusted, his airlock was functional.

Today, I brought my coach over to Kevin's shop. After a bit of checking, we took the door apart, and found that my switch there was just fine.

Ultimately we found that the door-closed switch, which is behind the door arm in the front dash area there was a missing wire. Yep, the wire that went to the next switch down the line (the handle). It wasn't only missing, it was wire-tied in such a way that it could never reach the switch.

A short time later, we had the airlock operating on my coach! Given that Jdub's coach is closer in age to Kevin's, I'm gonna bet that his problem is the microswitch adjustment as well. They changed the mechanism on my coach.

Kevin, thanks for all the help today! I would have taken me hours longer to track it down!

Ray

Ray, Thanks, fun stuff! I did get a call from Jdub and as it turned out, his is working fine. Must have confused it with the muffler bearing not working!