Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The POG at Oshkosh

Default Camp Prevost

We are officially having too much fun. We spent the day judging the landings and watching some of the wildest flying in the world.

A little BBQ with the B2OSH crew (Mike took all the photos, so maybe he will post some shortly) and then we finished the night at Camp Prevost. And it would seem there is yet another Prevost amongst us. A fine looking 45'er that wandered in around 5pm. Wonder who that is?

We have been tag teaming Jon all day, so he is beat down. Only 2 P210's all day, so he is lonely. But all his new friends who are flying the longest continuous production airplane ever built are having fun at his expense.

Tuesday night is the big POG dinner, so it's not too late to break out a few LewBucks and get on over here.

Hey, my generator runs better on stolen gas. Especially AV gas. We have rounded up every anal pilot type around so we can keep Jon in new friends. So far he only offends every third one, so we are still ahead.

But Mike is up the hill with Jon and the mystery guest and we are down here next to the Sodomites (Mooney pilots), so a little fuel larceney is hardly noticed.

The boys at the official Bonanza BBQ dinner. Note Jon with the big girn in the official Bonanza shirt. How out of character this is - To put this in perspective it would be like Lew wearing an official Liberty shirt while sitting in a small plane w/ JDUB.

MM

Jerry never met a buffet he didn't like. Even next to the sodomites.

Default The Money Shot

JDUB and Jon suckin' up to the head EAA Honcho, Tom Poberezny. They wouldn't let me in the photo.

That generator must have run like a big dog on 100LL. First thing I thought when I saw the picture was the big flame snuffer taking fuel samples from the planes to keep the doctor killer going! Must be the only air conditioned tent at Osh.

Wish I was there....

Tom,

The 100 LL keeps the generator humming along so we can keep the computer, scooters, cell phones, hand held radio and lights charged while running the AC. We also have lots of neighbors who come by to charge their stuff, but we make the Mooney people go up to the shower house, but you can't really haul enough stuff in a Mooney to have anything worth charging.

I should use this time to harpoon Mike and Jon since we know Jon is up, but has no computer access and Mike is sound asleep. I don't know if Jeff is up with the chickens, but we heard a thunderstorm rumbling early and had to lash down the gear.

Jon has everyone believing that the Beach Boys are the ones staying in the Prevosts, so Mike wants to set by the coach all day waiting for the chicks to come ask for his autograph. And seeing as how the Beach Boys are playing here tonight, so far it is a believable story. Go figure.

Default Don't be Playn with Matches

JDUB: Glad to see your mama taught you not to play with matches. I know you put out oil fires, but did you hear about the two rednecks who blew up a car and put themselves in the hospital while stealing gas? They struck a match to see how much gas was in the can.

Beach Boys - more like Drivers for the beach bums

Looks like fun for everyone- including JPJ.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default Camp JDUB

Check out the blue awning at the end next to the speedy V35 Bonanza

Just logged on to see JDUB was online down the hill next to the menonites. Hope he's got the cute blue tent well secured as I can hear the rain pounding on top of the bus. Nice dry and cozy up at Camp Prevost. Sleep tight.

MM