Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Advice on NYC

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    I'm in on August 21st, rope off the parking lot!
    Excellent, Tom! We're up to 3 buses already! (That's a 33.3% larger POG turnout than the first one!)

How about it Jamie & Debbie Bradford? Bob & Debi Boies? Jon & Diane Wehrenburg? Bueller? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bayley View Post
    I have gobs of these but here are a couple of snap shots.
    Jeff those are cool pictures. I will forward a few of my favorites when I get some time to learn how to shrink and post. We are heading up to NYC this time next week so this thread is likely over...except for the post mortem. I. I plan on scoping the parking at the Today Show.

Hopefully you all can make one of. my gigs in Florida. We are supposed to be at BB Kings in Orlando and Hard Rock in Tampa later this year.
    Last edited by TG Transport; 06-03-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

Exclamation

Towson, to size an image for posting, or anything else, use the linked program.
    This is in layman's terms, as I know very little about computers. If I screw up, someone that knows it all jump in and correct me.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Open the link and left click it and drag to the border just below where you enter www info. This is for quick and easy access.

Go to the resize rectangle in the center of the page.

Temporarily skip step 1) and go to 2).

For POG set it up for 600 or 350 pixels.

Leave 3) set on greyscale.

Set 4) to the quality you desire. I use best.

Go back to 1) and click Browse.
    This will open to a window in your computer where information is stored.
    Hopefully it will be "my pictures". If not click on the button at the end of the line where you can type an entry. This will take you to a list of saved data on your computer. Images are usually stored under "my pictures"

Click on my pictures and look through them. After you have enough fun browsing around, make a new folder that is labeled "RESIZED FOR POG"

Click on the image you want to resize for POG and the computer jumps back to the resizing program.

Click the "RESIZE" box at the bottom of that rectangle and be patient and wait.

When the resized picture finally appears right click on it and choose "save image as" from the list. That will open the window, "save image". In the "save in" line of that window, you want see the name of the folder, " RESIZED FOR POG", if you do, click "SAVE" at the bottom of the window.

You may clear the download box off the screen and back out of the resizing program.

To post the picture just resized, post a thread or reply with verbage or images what ever you want.

For the image posting click on the paperclip in the top border.

Click on BROWSE.

In the entry line will appear the images saved in the folder "RESIZED FOR POG"

Click on the image you want to post and then "UPLOAD".

You may add more verbage or submit the post.

I hope this works for you. It works very well for me and is now very easy. It is more difficult to explain than to perform.

JIM

OK guys, the August 21 Mini-Rally at Tom's Place is cancelled. Looks like the bar is feeling the ecomonic pinch as they cancelled our gig.

As an alternative, Tommy Crain and the Crosstown Allstars will be at GTO Concert Hall in Griffin GA on Fri Aug 7. We are playing with Jimmy Hall and Tommy Talton as well so its a good show. I will have our Marathon there.

Y'all come on.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

T-berg,

I was at Tommy's recently, they were having a bike weekend shindig and I thought the turnout was dismal. I doubt the Vendor's made any money.

This is disappointing - but not entirely surprising, given the state of our economy (how much more "stimulation" can we endure?)!