Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tornado!!!!

lewpopp Guest

We have a funeral director in our resort that says that area is only known for its fire ants and toronados. Have fun.
    Last edited by lewpopp; 03-27-2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: spell

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    We have a funeral director in our resort that says that area is only known for its fire ants and toronados. Have fun.
    Fire ants and Oldsmobiles?

Spell check Lew - Spell check!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    So, Lew, is that one of the resorts amenities?? Like, "Our resort has the following amenities":

Swimming Pool
    Game Room
    Shuffleboard
    mini golf
    funeral director
    dog walk

Boy, we're gonna rush right down.

lewpopp Guest

Bite me Tuga. You got me. I was thinking of an Oldsmobile Toronado. Ha ha.

As for your resort with all of those services, I'll be you don't have as many butt holes as we do.

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tdelorme View Post
    So, Lew, is that one of the resorts amenities?? Like, "Our resort has the following amenities":

Swimming Pool
    Game Room
    Shuffleboard
    mini golf
    funeral director
    dog walk

Boy, we're gonna rush right down.

Hey, after the funeral director, if they add a dentist, on site ATM, an OTB parlor, Lotto, a psychiatrist, a micro-brewery, a good kosher deli, and a brick oven pizza joint, my whole family will be rushing right down. They would get rid of "Outdoor Resorts" and rename it "Heaven on Earth".

lewpopp Guest

Sawdust....Wake up, you're way behind in the mocking catagory.

Default Easter bad weather

Jon,

How did you guys fair during the bad weather yesterday and Saturday?
    Hope you didn't have any damage.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga......I'm sure you heard about the tornados in the Murfreesboro area. That area and up along the Cumberland plateau always seems to have the bad weather.

We have been somewhat protected living in the valley between the plateau and the Smokies. We got some winds, but nothing substantial, a period of heavy rain for perhaps an hour and it was all over. Even after more than nine years here we are still trying to predict the weather. The forecasters seem to whip folks into a frenzy when the weather is just a little stormy. I wonder if that is why there were deaths and injuries in Murfreesboro, because people only respond when someone cries wolf for a while and then ignore the predictions.

Glad to hear everyone is o.k.

I know what you mean about the weather forecasters; we have the same situation down here during hurricane season. I remember last year there were pictures of Terrebonne General Medical Center (our local hospital in Houma) with 6 feet of water in the parking lot! We were in the MH staying with Karen's brother in Shreveport and saw the pictures on the internet. Come to find out, some ding-dong posted a photo on the net of what the hospital would have looked like IF IT HAD 6 FEET OF WATER IN THE PARKING LOT! My business is located 1000 yards from the hospital.

This is what our world has evolved into.

Hope everyone else in the vicinity is o.k. also. Roger? Eric?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I haven't seen signs of life from either but I think Eric recently posted and Roger has also so I'm guessing they both still have electric or they are running the generators.

Eric lives on the northern part of the plateau, but I don't think they had any serious weather and Roger lives at a little higher elevation than us, so he gets cooler temps, but I don't think they had any bad stuff that day or evening either.