Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruisair repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    Adam,

With the potential inflexible schedule you have, you might be ahead to have it done by Prevost or Marathon. If you were at my hanger or someone's shop with ALL the tools you might need, then I would say do it yourself.

And there is nothing worse than having to pull the bus into Prevost with all the parts laying in the bay after you hit a snag trying it yourself and having to get them to fix your mess.

I had a condenser fan changed out in the RV park in Anaheim two years ago and it was easy in the Royale, but is even easier in the Marathon.
    Jerry,
    thanks for the advice.... old man Happy birthday!!!

Anybody heard of Blue Moon Mobile RV service out of Dallas? (Actually Carrollton, TX.) Johnny at AAP recommended them to me. He said they'd fix me up. Now I just have to get them the rebuilt unit in time to install on Wednesday.

~Adam

Adam, I have never used Blue Moon, but they have a contract with Texas Motor Speedway to be the only on site RV repair company. I see their mobil repair trucks at every race and I have never heard anything bad about their work. If the track was getting complaints about them, they would not still be around TMS. If I needed something repaired that I couldn't do myself, I would give them a shot.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

They were brokering a late model prevost that I looked at a year or so ago, I don't know how large of an operation they are because I was dealing with the guy who is "Blue Moon". So it may be a one man operation. (nothing wrong with that if he knows what he is doing)

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Adam,

I used Blue Moon RV service in Carrollton, TX in Sept. 2003. Vehicle Systems recommended them. They fixed my Aqua Hot; rebuilt my fuel pump, changed filter, changed nozzle, and cleaned up(it was leaking diesel). They were fair on the price and did the work quickly. $70 labor and $387 in parts. Today the fuel filter is about $30, the nozzle $18, so that would put the re-built fuel pump @ $339.

You can judge for your self if the price was right!

I forget the man's name who owned the shop, but I do remember that he loved Prevosts. They do good work and if I remember correctly, at that time they had a mobile service van. They would come to you and repair your bus.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Blue Moon it is. Johnny/AAP sent out a rebuilt cruisair unit to them. They'll be meeting me at Texas Truck AC on Wednesday. Why TTAC you ask? They will simultaneously be replacing my Marathon "MACH" air (Marathon's OTR air.) They guys at TTAC wouldn't do the the cruisair, but they were amenable to having Blue Moon work on my bus while it was at their shop.

I hope it's really HOT on Thursday so I can try out all my new AC systems.

~Adam

Adam,Have them adjust the freon on the suction side until it is(beer cold) about 35 degrees,you won't believe how well it will cool inside the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    Adam,Have them adjust the freon on the suction side until it is(beer cold) about 35 degrees,you won't believe how well it will cool inside the coach.
    Can you expand on this? I definitely want it beer cold:-) When you say "suction side" I assume you mean at the lines where they hook up to the condenser units?

She goes under the knife on Wednesday morning, so any advice is most welcome. I assume the tech that is performing the swap will know what he is doing, but I realize these are finicky units. Johnny said I can call him during the process, but I'd like to know what I should be looking for. If it is really cold, is that good enough?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,Johnny is the guru he will explain it to the tech,basically once the unit is charged with freon and running,grasp the suction line(the larger one)and add a very small amount of freon and when you feel the suction side get cold,STOP adding freon.You can really tell the difference once the freon is just right,I bet you will want the other 2 done also.

And when the charge is correct the sight glass will not be foamy, or clear, but will show the refrigerant running with bubbles.

Hard to explain, but when you see it it will make sense.

An ounce can make a difference in the Cruise Airs. They are that sensitive, but when they are working like Jack says they really do a good job.