Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rahangman

There are several folks here with early 90's CC's. Mine is about 9 years newer and although I have all of the manuals, they would probably be of little service.

A little luck, and Country Coach will re-open in a few weeks then you may want to place a call to Jim Cooley who was (do not know if he still is) the man you need to talk to.

I am starting to believe that these manuals are very much like airplane log books.........

John

Quote Originally Posted by rahangman View Post
    what is the plastic shield?
    The plastic shield is a molded piece of lexan that is contoured to the front of your bus for protection from rocks, bugs, etc. Some on this site consider them to be good and others consider them to be tacky! You can form your own opinion
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Those of us with a strong opinion of the assets of a " Protective Shield " proudly display our opinion in our signature at the bottom of our posts.

Of course there are those that also display their misconceptions within their signatures.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Rahangman, Welcome to the POG. The plastic shield is a nice accessory to the bus. If I had one, I wouldn't have the two rock dents on the front of mine.

The ones who don't like the shields are the owners of busses converted by less-innovative converters, and they are jealous of the CC owners who do have them.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

That's telling them Dale...now, keep you head down for a while!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I am currently in the process of designing a plastic shield that will protect your plastic shield.

Do you think it would look good with a skull and crossbones or not

Since I don't have one, I'm thinking about making a shield out of 1/2" plywood. I don't want it to look tacky, so I may spary it with clear coat so you can see through it.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Welcome rahangman.

I've a 93, and limited manuals. Been fine for over five years. The wiring number chart is the most important item. Showing what number wire goes where. If you've got that, your most likely good to go.

Good luck and enjoy the banter!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Since I don't have one, I'm thinking about making a shield out of 1/2" plywood. I don't want it to look tacky, so I may spary it with clear coat so you can see through it.
    That should look spiffy, Dale! I'm designing my shield to be made from lead for extra protection against ray guns and such, but will employ your idea and use clear coat so it is practically invisible!

Petervs Guest

Bus owners who have the plastic shield installed also have the clear plastic covers on all their upholstery in the bus, as well as at home; just like your grandmother used to have. It is especially nice to sit on in shorts on a hot day.