Thread: Day Parking

Threaded View

omahajim Guest

Default Day Parking

OK, another post that could have gone in another forum (Parking Overnight). But this is more a full-timer question.

As I have said before on the other board, I am employed (currently living in Omaha, telecommuting to office in Denver area with trip to office once or twice a quarter), and intend to work full time when in my prospective coach. I'll be pulling a Ben - selling the house and living/working on the road.

One of the things that's been bugging me the most right now is the whole 'where do I park' thing. I don't intend to own property, and I can't afford one of those RV park deeded lots.

I have what you call a 9-5. Predictable hours, Monday through Friday, and since I'll be solo (like Ben), I can't work while someone else drives.

I *do* a fair amount of travel in my job already, all over the country, usually at least one a month to different cities (but not as often as Ben I think). The need to find a place to sit for a few days at a time, minimum, without moving, will be key. The idea will probably be find a place I can sit Sunday night through Friday afternoon, then pick up over the weekend to explore then plop down late Sunday evening for the workweek. Those monthly trips somewhere in the US will end up being parking opportunities, but I'll need a good plan for the rest of the time. I may have to end up budgeting for KOA or the like on a regular basis. Unless Ben writes a good book on '100 best stealth coach parking/boondocking locations in the US'.

Sorry Jon, instead of barraging a long list of questions, it takes me forever to get just one long question out. Still interested in your answer (and Ben's, too).

I think I have the 'easy' stuff decided (40', likely converter, cruise vs. bus, older shell/conversion (80s/early 90s), no slides (a given at that shell age), etc etc).

Thanks
    Last edited by omahajim; 07-21-2006 at 04:18 AM.