Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Windshields & Wipers on Sale at Prevost

Petervs Guest

I think the XL side windows are the same as the windshields on the older 96 inch wide coaches. They are definitely tinted much darker. My side windows are safety glass like the windshields. ( double layer of glass held together by plastic film)

I just bought one, Prevost gets $500 each for the side windows. There is probably not much demand for them and probably no competition.

FYI, I carry a spare windshield up against the back wall of my bedroom closet. It only takes up 1/4 inch. and if you break one out in the boonies somewhere if you have one with you you can change it yourself or have any local windshield shop do it. Saves the hassle of finding one at a Prevost place or wherever. Remember, sometimes they just crack, but sometimes they shatter into a million little pieces and you can not drive that way.

Smile XLII Windshields

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Peggy Stevens View Post
    I just called Prevo Ft. Worth about the XLII Windshields.

Holy Crap............ I hope your sitting down when you read this one.

First of All the Price: Reg $ 519 each Sale Currently $479 each
    Order 5 or more $419 each
    Order 10 or more $399 each

You have to ORDER and specify either the passenger or the driver side when you order your shield cause they are different glass on the XLII's. And if you are ordering under the quantity they can mix and match the variations to make up 5 or 10 shields.

The parts guy also required the last 10 digits of your vin number to get the specific Height range of your particular windshield. Apparently their are 3 different heights for the XLII's shields.

Gary S.
    Having watched glass installers install two new windshields in my previous Country Coach Lexa, which were about the same size as my Prevost, it takes two people with two glass suction cup holders to lift it in place and position the glass.
    The windshield is larger and heavier than the XL windshields. Unless we have a mini rally to install windshields, it's best to call a local Auto installer to get them installed. I have a guy locally who will come out and change out windshields on site.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Ditto what Peter posted and I can confirm that the side windows are still the same as the fronts on a 102 wide.

I could use 2 side windows and if I could find the exact shade of tint I would happily tint the windshields coming out with small chips and reinstall them in the side.

Is that being cheep So what, I would still do it if the tint were exactly the same.

500 for those side windows just because they are smoked is robery.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

The plot thickens.

I was just informed that the XL windshields are now down to 79 bucks and they extended the sale to May 31.

Someone going to the rally in OK could probably very easily dispense with those at that price.

I asked if I were willing to pay the freight would they be willing to have 10 shipped to different spots and if so what is ground shipping.

They are getting back to me.

If that flys I am guessing the freight will be around 50 bucks so with the new sale price we could do it that way for around 130 each.

79 bucks IMO is a great buy. Really make those side windows look like a rip.

lonesome george Guest

Sweet Joe!
    I thought 99 dollars was a good deal, 79 dollars is a real good deal. Prevost must be sitting on a pile of XL windshields.
    This just gets better and better.

Petervs Guest

I would not mind "stocking" one or two more of those $79 ones.

Prevost pays the freight for one shipment, it comes in a huge box. I know, they sent me ONE windshield in the same box.

So who is going to get an order placed for distribution at OKC? If no one volunteers I will do it, but I will have to charge a 5% handling fee!

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

If needed to fill the order, I will take 1 or 2. I don't need 1 at present, but for 79.00 it is a great buy! I plan on being at the OKC rally and can take delivery there if that is the plan.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Joe,

You can count on me for 2... If there's any benefit due to time restraints on purchasing from Prevost, you can have them all shipped to my warehouse in Georgia. We can hold them until OKC or will call as needed.

I'll take two. I still have a spare, but if I don't order 2 I will end up with both my windshields needing replacement. Think of the 2 additional ones as an insurance policy.

I'll take two front windshields, for spares on hand. No rush.
    Thanks

JIM