Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windshields & Wipers on Sale at Prevost

I am under the impression that the XL windshields are the same right and left and also fit the sides.
    Is that correct? Can someone clarify please.

JIM

Yes left and right are the same. And the side is the same shape, but it may be tinted all over which would make it different.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Get'er done

Ok guy's. I got the ball rolling with the concept of splitting them up and such and some others have run with it to find out more about if we can do that or not (thank you). If the sale ends end of this month, let's finish "gett'er done" and get our windshields.

Jerry said the XL (that's what most of us seem to need) are the same side for side size wise except he seemed to say about the tint. Jerry; do you mean to say the tint might be darker from top to bottom and that using the same sides for left to right would result in one side having the tint reversed in the wrong direction ?

"Get'er done" I'm down for two on my XL45.

"Get'er done" (One more for good measure)

lonesome george Guest

Jim & Jerry,
    I will check with Prevost parts tomorrow to comfirm the left / right and tint questions, I ask if we could mix left and right in the count and he said no, so I concluded there must be some difference. The ones in our coach look to be the same part but I'm not sure, will get to the bottom if it tomorrow. If the left and right are the same part I will ask if the order can be shipped to two different addresses, that could help with the logistics.

I don't think the front ones were tinted at all, but I think the side ones are tinted all over.

It's my understanding that the XL windows are indeed the same, however I don't believe the side windows, although same size, are hardened safely glass?

Ray

I'm in for two XL windshields if it works out who ever handles them would be willing to re-pack and ship them to me in CA. I'll of course pay the added freight and packing cost. Or I could take delivery in October at the OK POG rally. I need wipers also, I can order those myself.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Left and Right fronts on the XL are the same. They are tinted, but not as dark as the side windows and the tint is uniform top to bottom.

lonesome george Guest

WOW it takes awhile to get me up to speed!! Prevost parts will accept an order for 10 windshields and ship to two different addresses, 5 can go to one place and 5 to another, with the freight paid by Prevost. The question now is what addresses make sense. We can receive one package here. if that works for the mid-west folks.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Elgin has just confirmed what George already told us those 10 pieces can only be shipped to 2 locations max.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 03-24-2009 at 04:22 PM.