Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Windshields & Wipers on Sale at Prevost

Default Xl s XLII

JoeC: I believe from the photo and signature that Sids' is not an XL, but an XLII.

Suggest you ask for confirmation before you buy.

Just trying to help were I can.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Thanks Roger yes it is an XL11

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Sid you will need to Buddy up with others your flavor. All windshields are on sale but yours are more, the XL are the way cheapest.

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    I would take one so that is 6. The price for 5 is 119 each but we are past that. I do not know when it ends or what the freight will be. I will look into it tomorrow.

We need 4 more broken xl windshilds for the 99 dollar price.
    Joe, I've got some discoloration around the edges of mine so add me to the list for two. Will they come out of Elgin or do you know?

Sid, I need one windshield. And with help, I might be able to change ours ourselves. I did change an XL windshield at POG3 in Kerrville. The XL2 windshields are bigger and heavier, but I believe use the seem technology to seal them.

Anyone know the cost of an XL2 windshield at this time?

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Orren I did not ask them where they were coming from. He said that the ground shipping ordinarily is included but if I have them ship to 6 different places we would probably have to pay something.

The XLII currently are not on sale

I will wait till the end of the week and see how many others chime in.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 03-23-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Ray / Sid, I think JDUB is out of touch the first of this week, but I know he needs probably two shields also. He got a real nice rock hole in the drivers side, coming to the concert Saturday night, and he pointed out about 7 other chip marks across the rest of the windows. Just check with JDUB before you place your XLII Shield order.

I don't know if these XLII shields can be self installed, even with the expertise of Dale J, cause I'll bet they are very heavy and bulky to wrestle with, let alone get seated and weather tight?

Gary S.

Default XLII Windshields

I just called Prevo Ft. Worth about the XLII Windshields.

Holy Crap............ I hope your sitting down when you read this one.

First of All the Price: Reg $ 519 each Sale Currently $479 each
    Order 5 or more $419 each
    Order 10 or more $399 each

You have to ORDER and specify either the passenger or the driver side when you order your shield cause they are different glass on the XLII's. And if you are ordering under the quantity they can mix and match the variations to make up 5 or 10 shields.

The parts guy also required the last 10 digits of your vin number to get the specific Height range of your particular windshield. Apparently their are 3 different heights for the XLII's shields.

Gary S.

Plus Prevost charges about $400 in labor to change it, so it must not be as straight forward as the XL. I need two and would buy a spare set, but I don't want to install it if there are some indian tricks you need to know.

lonesome george Guest

Hi guys,
    I talked to Prevost parts today about the XL windshield sale and ask if the we could have them split shipped and the answer was no. The windshields are packed in groups of 5 and one of the reasons given for the good price is they do not need to repack for shippment, also ask if 5 lefts and 5 rights would be considered 10 and the answer was no, however I believe with some high quality whining the deal could be done that way. I would like to have one of each.
    If we are going to buy these as a group it makes sense to break it down to geographic regions or attendence to the next rally or two. We live in Indiana and could receive the shippment here for this area or some other place in the mid-west works for us. Freight is included in the price.
    The sale ends the end of this month so we don't have a lot of time to get this set-up.