Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XLII Windshields - On Sale

Default XLII Windshields - On Sale

I called Prevost in Fort Worth to schedule having my formerly rock chipped but now rock cracked windshield replaced when I pass thru there on Friday and they informed me the windshield was "On Sale", so I called Prevost Parts who gave me the skinny.

XLII Windshield is regularly - $519 each
    Now on sale for - $419
    If you buy 5 or more - $319 each

Now here is the rub. You can't mix right and left sides. You have to buy all of one side or the other. And they are drop shipped from the glass plant direct to you.

So the good news is, if you want or need to change out a windshield, this is the time to do it. With the labor, I can get mine changed out for +/-$600 and this is regularly more than $900.

Now if I can just get all the Houston area deuce owners to pony up, we would have a batch of these for future use. But Loc has his phone set on "SHUN" and I don't know where Spongebob is hiding.

Petervs Guest

I ordered 10 of the XL windshields today for those close to me here in the northwest USA, and the Prevost parts guy told me they are also having a sale on air condiotioning parts, like the over the rooad AC compressors, etc.

Might be an opportunity to take advantage of that one too.

I do not have OTR air, so I asked the parts guy to let me know when they had a sale on Series 60 engines!

I will eventually be needing a RH windshield. I could potentially come through enroute to OKC, or pick up there.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    I will eventually be needing a RH windshield. I could potentially come through enroute to OKC, or pick up there.

Ray
    Hi Ray could we get them at the same price right here in Mira Loma Prevost? I need on on right side. How long does it take to put one in? I'am talking the guys @ Prevost and how much? Hope you have a great time this coming weekend at Outdoor Resorts.

Default Windshields

Go figure, The only time in my life I don't have a broken windshield and they put them on sale. It takes about 1.5 hours to do each of my windshields.

On my 01 they blackout film the top.

Default I was not hiding, I was parked in plain site.

Well JDUB, since I was hiding out at Prevost Ft. Worth from Sunday thru Tuesday, you should have called me. I have a cell phone you know?

I probably could have brought you back a case of them thair windshields in my bay. But I am back in Houston now so as usual, your a day late !

I don't need either one of the windshields right now, ( knock on wood ) so will have to pass on having one for stock, besides I just dropped a couple dollars too many on my repairs yesterday, and Peg won't let me have any more money.

Gary S.

Hi Sid,

I have never personally changed an XL2 windshield, but have seen it down. As Mike indicated, they blacked out the top of the window when I had one changed at Dallas Prevost.

Other than being much larger and heavier than the XL windows, it does seem that they are installed using the same techniques that I learned on the XL. I would think that with a couple of guys, a couple of those glass suction things and a platform to get up near the windows, and it could be done by mere mortals?

But, it seems we need to get 5 units to get the discounted price?

FYI, I just arrived out in ORA Rancho (east of Temecula) Really nice out, but pretty windy. I would assume the Indio area will be as well for a couple of days, anyway.

Ray

Ray,

Windy...my toupee was last seen over Santa Fe climbing through 24000 feet and it departed my noggin in Yuma. No worries, I am going down to Costa Rica on TACA () and ordering up a new one...this time a Beatles model.

Anyway I still don't understand why everyone is buying windshields...hell, the cost of glass coverage is cheap; I understand guys buying 1k deductable for collision but for glass....just doesn't make any sense. 30 dollars or so each year...leave the driving to us!

John

Actually you got a point. I think I have $50 deductible on glass, but after the fire, I'm kinda afraid to hit my insurance company with too many claims!!!

If you have a Florida policy, by law it's a $0 deductible for windshields if you have the comprehensive coverage.