Thread: Orlando, Fl Campground

Default Orlando, Fl Campground

Anyone ever stayed at Lake Magic six miles from Disney. We have friends staying at Disney next month and thought about going over to visit them. I have read other posts about how hard it is to get a 45' into Campsites in the area and some that are impossible. This place is in the Big Rigs Best Bet. When I called them they said " No Problem. " Said they had 70 and 80 foot spaces with 50 amp. and several Provosts on site at this time.

I remember a post Truk made about rubbing tires trying to get into a Campground at Disney. Could this place be an unknown option ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Although I've never stayed at this campground, as a general rule I've found that I can trust the advice found in the Big Rigs Best Bet publication.

I thought that Truk was referring to Camp Wilderness at Disney. I was at Camp Wilderness last week (without the bus) and, although the camp sites would accommodate a 45' bus, getting to the site can be a challenge without some tree branches leaving their mark on your coach.

Good luck!

Jim, Check with Disney on availability in the new "Big Rig Section". They reportedly have revamped an area specifically for larger units. No trees, better turns, etc..

I've not seen it, but a Wanderlodge owner told me about it and said it worked very well for him. The old setup was terrible. You had to have a chain saw with you to get in some spots.

Mike

jelmore Guest

Lake Magic is ok. Not dressed up. Easy in, easy out. Nice pool and hot tub at the far end, left, by the mail room. That left far end would be a nice place to be. Lake Magic is kind of a long way from Disney. It's at the west end of 192.

We also did Thousand Trails just up 27 from 192 -- four nights in return for a presentation. An interesting community, those that own there. Best thing about it was free parking plus $50 Shell gas and $25 Walmart card. Generous I thought.

A word about the sewer hookups -- at Lake Magic, you'll need 25 feet of sewer hose. Maybe also at Thousand Trails. We had to go shopping to hook up. There's an RV store close by.

Talked to someone who also did curbs at the Disney place and said the place was nothing special.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default KOA Great

We've only stayed at the KOA near Disney which is not cheap at about $75 a night but plenty of room. They have huge pull troughs with enough room to put the bus and two cars behind you in the same lane. Service is without peer as with all the KOA's we've stayed at. Put trash outside the RV and they wheel around in the golf cart and pick it up for you. Small pool and hot tub. Waffle House 100 yards from entrance and loads of other restaurants in the immediate area. 7.2 miles from Disney so maybe the other one is closer.