Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Guns for protection

Question TEXAS CHL

I was a Texas CHL Instructor for some years. Due to lack of time and etc. I decided to not certify as an instructor again.

I agree with having a Texas CHL; however I dont agree the lack of training required for the license. There needs to be a minimum of 40 hours range work. I see the class as false security for most people.

The Texas CHL class teaches you nothing about shooting technique. Technique is very important providing us with the capability to hit the target every time under stress. You will find proper technique also promotes safety.

I have No way of helping you obtan the permitt with my class. I will dramatically improve your shooting technique and help you stay alive.

I to prefer the 1911 Colt. The sad thing is the 1911 is hard to carry concealed due to its size and weight. There are many other good weapons on the market today that will do the job. For those who want lite look at the Smith and Wesson 340PD in 357. Great size, weight, smooth finish as to not snag on clothing. The difference is due to the design you WILL carry this one. The weight or I should say lack of is great!!

Sorry I cannot help with the License.

Default Handgun Training

Looks like my idea is dead in the water.

Any other takers or let this die for now??

Bill,
    My wife and I would certainly attend if the dates don't conflict with our present schedule. Let us know your tentative dates if and when you can.

Bill my wife and I both are permit holders in more than one state . We frequent ranges as often as possible. Owning and carrying a firearm is a big responsiblity, and a right given by the second amendment. But like others have commented it changes from not only state to state but by counties also.